Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was away for a short trip, Cassie was under the supervision of hubby...when Miss "C" ripped up bed #3. I wasn't sure if I was going to replace the dog bed but my husband said she "neeeeds one"... (guilt maybe?)...

Ok, I just bought bed #4 and wrapped it in a sheet which seems to deter some of the chewing activity. Cassie is checking it out, not too sure of it yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
After Lucky went through 2 beds, I broke down and bought one of those indestructable beds. I will say he hasn't ruined it but that's because he hates it -- doesn't sleep in or on it. So I'm waiting for a less destructive period then will buy one of those nice comfy ones.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned that bed #3 was a KONG cushion and advertised as "chew proof"....NOT!! What is an indestructible bed other than a cot style?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Boh sleeps in his crate. I put a towel down with a small fleece blanket on top. I get the fleece blankets at Walmart for $2 -$3. He nibbles on them some times, but not too bad. He gets NOTHING with stuffing. Bad dogs! LOL!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't know the brand name but I got it at Orvis and they advertise it as indestructible. But I'll never know because he refuses to use it!

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Molly went thru about 4 or 5 beds. Early on I would just get her cheapo ones because I knew she would ruin them because of separation anxiety. I have to look and see what brand bed she has now, its from the pet store and its stain-proof and rip proof and very comfortable.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone can invent a truly indestructible dog bed they will be rich...get thinking guys...lol

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
The one I have is pretty tough and it doesn't get stinky either. I have to remember to check the name brand when I get home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha I got bailey a bed that I HATE because I've seen cuter ones out there this one is just brown not very cute I got it because it was on sale but he doesn't tear it apart or anything. He loves to sleep on it especially if he's sleeping on me and I keep moving he will retreat and go there. But it's ugly lol oh well I guess I should be happy? Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MM. thanks. So far so good with this bed. She's also going into her crate more-hey it's a nice 1 bedroom apartment with a cushion inside...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
my guys have a really firm mattress hungarian duvet quilt. It has some plush pillows as well but they never stay on the bed. There is plenty of room for both to spread right out and yet still be far enough away from each other so as not to disturb one another....oh wait a second...thats MY bed I just described...but its theirs too lol.

Seriously though, they do have a bed that we use as a toy box b/c they like the couch or the chair better, or their first choice, a nice warm lap. I picked it up at wal-mart for like $40, I have had more expensive and nicer looking beds for Quincy but they never got used. I didn't even buy Ruby one, figured its money wasted when she has figured out the luxery of ciouch, chair or my bed.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I found that Sophie does best in a very large wicker basket with lots of fleece blankets (but she is not a chewer). It enables her to 'make a nest' and get under a blanket if she wants - and I can just toss the blankets in the washer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
While I was away for a short trip, Cassie was under the supervision of hubby...when Miss "C" ripped up bed #3. I wasn't sure if I was going to replace the dog bed but my husband said she "neeeeds one"... (guilt maybe?)...

Ok, I just bought bed #4 and wrapped it in a sheet which seems to deter some of the chewing activity. Cassie is checking it out, not too sure of it yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...lol
Try a cheap comforter instead. My one beagle always would chew the pillow case, yes she has a pillow. So she has special night elk bones that she only gets in her bed. So every night like a baby needs a pacifier, she Chews her specials bones (yak, elk, nylabone) then falls asleep. She cannot have these bones any other time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts