Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many of you buy treats for your dogs from dog bakeries? I have been testing out recipes on Blue and some other dogs and they seem to be a hit so far. I am thinking of starting a home bakery and then maybe branching out. We don't have any dog bakeries in Wyoming, so this would be a major undertaking for me to start up. The closest Three Dog Bakery is Denver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I knew the Three Dog Bakery in Denver when I lived there, and I would buy bday gifts for my friend's dog there. It was a hoppin' place. They did really good business.

Go for it! If you were near me, I'd buy your products, and I'm sure people in your area would feel the same.

People love their dogs, and a dog bakery/gift shop is a great place for pet owners to do something special now and then.

My daughter gets a Happy Meal once in a while as a special treat. I would view dog bakery cookies or treats the same way for my dog.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know Blue went nuts tonight when we were baking. Poor little thing has to be the taste tester, he is just so abused!!!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
We buy three dog bakery! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif There's one about 15min. away from us /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif plus you can order online from them also.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We have a dog bakery in Austin but I never been there yet.I have to make a trip there and see what they got.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i dont think we have one in utah... well maybe in salt lake but thats about a half hour from me.. so nothing near me.

but i think it sounds like a good idea... i would get a web site up and running so we can order from you and be tast testers as well haha

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
We do not have a dog bakery here and it was my idea to start one in a few years. However, I was downtown this weekend and saw there is a dog bakery opening up soon. It is a wonderful idea, and I would definiely order from you!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We have a dog bakery here, not a Three Dog Bakery, just a local one. They do pretty good. I don't go there too often. I bake my own treats for Jersey. She loves when I bake for her. I'll be making the peanut butter and carob biscotti that Rachael Ray had on her show this week. It was all about cooking for your dogs. There's a post here about it somewhere. There's a dog bakery on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. They are always super busy. If I had the money, I'd love to open my own dog bakery.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to figure out the logistics of shipping as the items should be eaten within three days of baking. Some last longer, but not many. I am really enjoying the baking though!! The "chocolate" brownies with frosting went over really big here last night!! I haven't watched the Rachel Ray special yet, but I do have it taped. I will have to try a few along with my other arsenal. I will definitely let you guys know if we get something figured out on shipping, I would love some more taste testers!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
My fiance's sister had a doggie bakery on wheels at the renaissance faire for a couple years. For a while, my parents' dog got so spoiled that she wouldn't eat any other treats but the homemade ones! She literally turned her nose away! LOL

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I used to get treats for Maggie directly from Three Dog Bakery - the original store was down the street from my mother's house. Target carried their products for a while as well. Their treats stayed fresh for quite a while. They use all natural ingredients so not sure what they put in that allows their products to stay fresh. Maggie absolutely loved them when she was younger, especially their carob-coated items. As I recall, their website lists the ingredients in their various products.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the Three Dog books, but they recommend eating the treats within three days. I need to figure out what they do in the store that is different than their books. I am okay on the bones and cookies, but when it comes to the muffins and cakes that's where I run into problems.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
We went to Three Dog Bakery yesterday to pick up some treats for Abby. They are all natural ingredients and reasonably priced. Their thing is that they're so natural, fresh and yummy that you COULD eat the treats too if you wanted to. And trust me the PupCakes smell sooo good! Not to mention the staff is sooooo nice and dogs are allowed in the store /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

I like to get her a different one each time we go, along with her all time favorite (PupCake). I also got two PupTarts (same thing as PupCake but smaller) for the neighbor dogs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

The flash reflected off the white paper they wrapped the treats in pretty bad so I tried to edit the pics a little bit, didn't work...but you get the idea.

Three Dog website:
https://www.threedog.com/default.aspx

Attachments

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
If you think those look good you should see the other stuff they had in the store! It's one of those times where you wish you could say "I'll take two of everything"

If I did that though Abby would be F-A-T! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts