Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When meg goes for a wee, usually she squats like all little girls should do, but as the day goes on and especially on the evening walks, she squats but then lifts one back leg up in the air, almost like shes cocking her leg. she looks so funny, we call her her 3 legged wee wee. good for the thighs !! i think, or is she copying her little boy friends as some of her doggie mates are boys and she may be copying them ??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, perhaps that's it then ..... my little boy was laughing at her tonight, so i said, perhaps he should try it, a 1 legged wee. but my husband pointed out, that we quite like our bathroom floor the way it is, and not with my son making a mess everywhere trying to do a 1 legged wee !! LOL

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
This is more common than you think. Many females cock their leg to pee. I've read that it's simply because they don't want to get their legs wet or that it is a learned behaviour from watching a male dog (particularly if they live with a male dog) and also that it's a sign of dominance.

I don't know which theory is true or it may be that they are all true but Rosa does it all the time and she definately isn't dominant at all.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey does the same thing. She starts out squatting on all four and then lifts her back left leg (always the left!). Her sister does the same thing. We always thought it was genetic. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol3.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
A lot of girls, even spayed or those who don't live with males, will see a boy dog do it and think, "Aha! So that's how I mark my territory!!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.