Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whites of Caesars eyes are red and his vet says that it's allergies to snow mold and that it's common around this time of year. I noticed that it's much worse after our walks and his eyes "leak" down his nose. It's not yellow or green so I know it's not an infection. But I have to wipe his eyes with a damp cloth (which he hates and fights me) when he comes in from a walk. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've been noticing Jasmines eyes are tearing more. But she will stand there for you to wipe them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Probably is allergies!

I had a shephard that would get red spots on her belly from the grass....

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just asked Hubby last night if he thought the girls had allergies cause both of their eyes were runny. I wonder if us starting to cut grass is their cause????

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Traveler's eyes get gunky in the spring. This year, I started daily doses of benadryl early, and it's seemed to help quite a bit. That's surely a relief to him as he doesn't like having his eyes wiped, eithher.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't think Lucky's eyes bother him. But he has very sensitive skin. I have to use very gentle shampoo. If he's been playing outside for a while, he will come in and you can see all his skin is bright red. I know it hurts it because it is warm. I feel so bad for him. I'm not sure if it is an allergy or not. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty gets that too! I wasn't sure what it was, and i only noticed it on our walks the past couple weeks. He gets little drippys down his face. I thought it might have just been because it's been windy, and maybe it was making his eyes water.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey also has allergies. Her eyes have been really runny lately. About 6 months ago we were having problems with her doing reverse sneezes every time she went outside. We'd come in and she would be fine. The vet said allergies. He gave us a prescription strength chlortrimiton and it worked great. I also give her benadryl and that helps too.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Henry's eyes tear and run year-round. It's not an infection. Just part of being Henry!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Bonnie had an allergy when she was younger, she had red itchy blotches on her belly. The vet said it was a food allergy and that we needed lots of tests that would have cost a small fortune. We surfed the net with her symtoms and found a site that said wash her with coldtar shampoo, we did this a few times and she was cured. Now I am put off when the vet says allergy as I think they are trying it on.

·
Registered
439 Posts
beagles get allergies just like we do.
this is infact the problem you folks are talking about. living in the allergy capitol of the USA
(georgia), we are use to seeing this in our pooch, and ourselves. i never had allergies in my life until i moved here to ga back in 1992 from fl. i know several, several people that all say the same thing too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts