Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something crazy has happened these last few days. I have heard about others experiencing this but I have never experienced this before as this is my first true dog (First that lives with me and is taken care of solely by me).

Normally my dog is CRAZY. Never slows down. I will take her for a run, get home and she sprints around the house. Never lays down except for bedtime. She always picking on the other house dog and any strangers that wonder into our house.

Well the last few days I have been slowly getting sick, flu like symptoms. Tonight it got really bad to the point where I was in tears from coughing. Now I am a 23 year old college boy that plays Lacrosse, takes alot to make me cry. Well my dog instantly stopped being crazy when I came home from work. She began ignoring my roommates, the other dog and any treats I tried giving her. All she wants to do now is follow me from room to room and curl in a ball next to me.

She is definitely a man's best friend and I can now fully understand why people with dogs recover from illness/injuries faster then those not with dogs.

Lets hear your stories!!! Sorry for all the typing but I truly love my dog more then anything after tonight. I would take a bullet for her haha!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love your story - I think you two have certainly got a wonderful man and his best friend bond! I've never heard of a bloogle before (??? we lead a sheltered life here down under), have you got any photos of Azeni posted on the site? Hope you are feeling better now!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That story made me smile
Not the part about you being sick of course! I hope you are on the mend.

Dogs are amazing, and yes I do think they sense how you are feeling, good and bad!
If I am sick they do calm down and curl up next to me in bed (we have 3 so it gets crowded but very nice). If I am upset or sad, they seem to want to come over and give me more kisses than usual. If I am full of energy and in a good mood, so are they!

So dogs are truly man AND woman's best friend

·
Registered
133 Posts
I firmly believe they know how we feel. If I'm sick or feeling sad, Shiloh is so attentive. He'll lay on my lap or just put his head in my lap and look up at me, you know how those beagle eyes are, as if to say, It's okay Mom, I'm here.

Actually, our cats do that to my husband, too.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's funny. It's totally true. My dogs are constantly bouncing off the walls. Lately, I have been very ill, losing over 20 pounds in just two months. Doctor's think I many have crohn's disease or ulcerative colitus, bowl diseases that have no cure but is manageable. I have been getting iller and iller as days go by waiting to see the next available GI doctor, so spending time in the bed and bathroom is my new hangout place. Last night, I was very ill, the illest I have been so far, and Nubi and Cassidy jumped up on the bed with me. Cassidy tucked herself behind my legs, and Nubi (my boxer/lab mix) sprawled out in front of me with her back facing me. Her head, resting on my elbow since I was using my hands to hold my head up with pillow. Basically, she wanted to see my facial expressions at all times, and everytime I had a pain, she would lick my face. Rather annoying actually, but all the same, I love them dearly. Nubi even helps me up when I need to get to the bathroom.

·
Super Moderator
5,256 Posts
Sorry you are feeling so yucky.

Molly will lay with me but she growls and growls and I don't get any rest. I think she thinks she has to protect me.

My greyhound Andy is total opposite. If I have a migraine he lays by my side staring at me and will rub his head in the migraine area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Starla doesn't care if you're sick or hurt, but BOY she cares when you cry. She instantly calms down, sits in your lap and covers you with kisses, nose nudges and hugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.