Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMGosh .....Hooper totally talks back ! Whe we are eating and he wants to taste and we tell him NO ( no people food for Hoops )He totally Arooos till no end. Its almost funny . Jon will sit on the couch and Hooper gets right next to him and Aroooos as if to say "gimme a bite!" Jon will say "NO ! +" Hooper goes AROOOOOOOOO .

Is this a beagle thing or just a spoiled Hooper ?

PS He gets very little people food only on special occasion. Never at our home . Maybe at a motel or on the boat !( I mean hardley ever )

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby does this also, except she does what I call "grumbling." Sometimes we'll say no to her and even though she abides most of the time sometimes she just has to have the final word and does this low barrrr wrrr rrrroo grumble :lol2:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Snoopy shouts at us in the woods. Its as if he is saying "Let me go, can't you see I need to run after that scent". He looks up at Dave and gives a frustrated bark/yelp. Susi talks with her eyes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When we have visitors he barks and barks till you say Hi to me then he calms down. Oh and it's a must to pet him also. So whenever my sisters come over I tell them "Hey don't forget about Mizu!" He will not stop until they say hello to him.
He hates it when my boyfriend or I are on the phone. I have to be in another room to talk on the phone. It's like he's saying "Get off the phone mama! Talk to me instead!"
He gets all irriated and barks and he does that "grumble" too. Seems like he is jealous.
I am surprised he lets us sleep at night in the same bed. If my boyfriend and I are on the couch Mizu gets all crazy and has to sit with us. Spoiled? yea toooo much.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Hooper's Mom:
... Is this a beagle thing or just a spoiled Hooper ?
Sounds like a typical spoiled beagle thing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The Bagel pouts with his eyes when he is told NO but he obeys. He eagerly waits for me to finish my dinner because I always let him pre-wash the plate and offer him a taste of whatever Bagel appropriate food I have. He uses his eyes to get my attention and when I look at him, he looks at what he wants, then back at me and the looks back at the what he wants to happen (Open a door, hand him his toy, come help dig out the varmint he has detected...).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Shiloh always as to put his 2 cents in! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif One LOUD arooooooooooooo then the "groans & growls" to let you know how he really feels! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif He is quite vocal at times. He awakes me every morning with the "groans & deep growls" and saves the bark for last resort! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar talks back when he's having a temper tantrum. It's not always an arooo. It's like he's trying to talk and grumbling to us.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleBabe:
Abby does this also, except she does what I call "grumbling."
This is probably a good description of Maggie as well. Her bathers/vet techs, etc. have always commented on how "talkative" Maggie is. She makes these noises in her throat and it just sounds like she is talking her own "beagle-speak". Other side of this is that, when someone talks back, she cocks her head as if she was fully understanding.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey only really talks back if there is something food related that she wants and can't get to. Like tonight at dinner, she had her head up on the table and when I made her get down she started "grumbling" at me. She did get some steak, just after we were done eating. Another spoiled Beagle! Of course, it is her adoption anniversary so she deserves something special. That's todays reasoning at least! :rolleye11:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Snoopy used to do it all the time when he saw us with food. Mr Water-squirter fixed that problem. he'll still occasionally do this really tiny high pitched pathetic yip...just to try and get the last word in I guess :hapfac01:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'd like to meet a beagle that DOESN"T talk back! LOL. Well, most of mine are pretty good. Its cute to see the little puppies talk back though, I say--no, bad girl or sit, etc and they just yip yip yip back trying to sound all big and tough, lol. its soooo cute
J

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hunter doesn't talk back, but Casey oh my gosh. She has attitude to spare. If I tell her mot to chase the cat she aroos at me. If Mike comes home and doesn't say hello to her right away she aroos. If she has something she shouldn't and I say leave it. she aroos. You get the picture. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tramp usually whines to communicate he wants something directly (I need OUT NOW! I smell FOOD!); aroos when he's playing fetch or when we first leave the house without him; and barks when he thinks there is someone at the door!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sally isn't very vocal. Like if you get the treat bag down, she'll sit and wait. Or if you are waiting to go out the front door and waiting for them to sit before opening the door, she'll calmly sit.

Leia on the other hand.. man.. I'd LOVE to know what she's saying. She grumbles and grunts and barks for everything. Waiting for her treat, waiting for the gate to be opened when we get home, saying hello. All the time. If she doesn't get her way, she starts grumbling and making all sorts of disappointed noises. I wish I could record them, they are hilarious!

Sometimes I wish we had quiet beagles, but other times I love how much character it gives her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

(... Erin)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Boeing does all sorts of vocal things to get our attention--aroos, grunts, grumbles, growls. Sometimes he not only talks back but starts the 'conversation' himself. One more thing, he has this habit of looking not directly at you, but rather out of the corner of his eyes :evilgrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts