Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day Suzi was napping and I started hearing her making a strange noise. I walked over to check on her and she was still sound asleep, but she was clearly opening and closing her mouth and smacking her lips. I woke her just to make sure she was okay and she was fine. I've seen her do this several times since.

My BC used to run and bark in her sleep. All four feet would start twitching and she'd make these little "erf" sounds, apparently dreaming that she was chasing something.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Haven't seen Maggie do that but I do hear an occasional bark or growl. One afternoon we were all watching TV with Maggie sleeping on the couch. We heard a loud thump, thump, thump. Maggie was sound asleep but her tail was wagging unbelieveably hard and fast.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Dogs are cute and funny when they dream. Poor Kip, I think she sometimes has night mares. She often cries, or growls in her sleep. She'll twitch and her eyes go a mile a minute. I don't think she's chasing rabbits in those dreams. I get the feeling she's ducking, dodging something or defending herself. Poor thing, wish I knew more about her past, and could tell her that is all over.
She does sometimes have happy dreams, I think. Dreams when she's yipping and her feet and legs are going. I think then she's chasing rabbits.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Oh I love the dreaming sounds they all make. I have 7 dogs; labs, beagles, BC, Lhasa, and they all have different dreaming activity.

One of my favorites is the "cooing" sound little Darwin and our Lhasa make in their sleep, little paws kneading all the while.

So sweet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
889 Posts
Beagles live to eat, so they probably dream about eating as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ours all dream differently too - Moosie in particular makes adorable high-pitched yip yip noises and moves his paws - I definitely think he is chasing bunnies in his dreams!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Casey does it all the time...makes little murmurs sometimes...they dream a lot...and I agree that most of it would be comprised of food...

Casey sleeps with us most of the time in our bed and I thought So Young (my wife) moved around a lot. He'll start up by our heads with his head on the pillow too (cause you know he wants to be just like us), but by the time the morning rolls around he has gone from our feet to being nestled in our armpits...I just hope he isn't sleepwalking (my brother used to do it...he peed once too while doing it). Actually we only hope that his bum doesn't end up next to our heads...you all know what I mean /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey makes these cute little "ooomph" noises and her paws move like crazy when she dreams. You can see her lips moving and her eyes twitching. I only wish I knew what she was dreaming about!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Both of ours dream, they run, twitch their eyes andmake noises. Once Susi let out a scream and we shot out of bed. She looked quite embarressed. I take it she was chasing some animal.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Andrew, our girls sleep with us too, and they migrate from feet undercover to heads on pillows to yes, rears in our faces!!! True love on our part, I say, to put up with all anatomical parts anywhere they choose for them to be!!! Sometimes they will be in a perfect "u" around one of our heads!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts