Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might have a fair weather puppy! Charlee just loves to cuddle up with blankets, towels, bask in the sun, anything to be warm. It's been getting cooler at night here (about 55 degrees) and when my husband and I go out in the jacuzzi, Charlee just has to tag along so he cuddles up on our towels on the porch. He shivers a little at that temp. This morning I put him in bed with me and he didn't stop shivering until I bunched an afghan around him. Our room was about 65 degrees. Guess he's in for a rude awakening come wintertime!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes, Caesar loves to be warm. We keep blankets on the couches and in the morning he'll be under them usually wrapped all around him. (So much for trying to keep dog hair off the couch!) He also likes to sleep in the sun out in the yard. I really have to keep an eye on him in the summer, I don't want him to get heat sickness.

But he also adapts well to our winters. Soon he'll be leaping through the snow without a care.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was just thinking about this, this morning when Baxter was outside shivering while pottying.
I bought him a sweater and he loves having it on. Extra warmth.
He also likes to cuddle up with me and/or blankets.
hubby jokes that come wintertime we will be buying Baxter some boots for his tender feet!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Josie loves to lay in the sun, whether it's outside or inside where it comes in through the window. My in-laws have a gas fireplace, and she will spend the bulk of her days in the winter laying in front of that... She doesn't like cold or wet. Can't say as I blame her...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky is definitely a warm weather beagle. He always sleeps wrapped in a blanket and loves to sunbathe. I have tons of sweatshirts for him to wear in the winter since his hair is extremely thin compared to most beagles.

Lucky sleeping in my blanket...

Lucky in one of his sweatshirts (ignore the evil look).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker like to lay in the sun too. He doesn't like blankets of clothes. Only if it is really cold will he allow us to put a blanket on him. If he jumps in bed with us all we have to do is put him under the covers and he will be out within 10 minutes. Now Jasmine loved blankets. But being half chiuahuah, she was always cold.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
All of our three like laying in the sun and being wrapped in blankets and under the covers on the bed, although Booker definitely takes it to a different level. She will NOT go into her bed unless there is a well-fluffed blanket in it - and she is amazing at wrapping herself in the blanket too (only rarely will it be beyond her, and she will have to come to get me for help). I can't believe what she can do without the benefit of thumbs! And on our bed she is able to get under the duvet all by herself as well... the other two watch her but just don't seem to be able to master the technique (Popcorn just tries to dig through from the top, and Moosie just shivers until we help him get under).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe mostly lays on the covers, but sometimes she would stay with me under the covers, with the throw in front of the TV or in bed when it's really cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts