Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 21 Posts

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks we've been talking about getting Bodie (8 months) a sister (another beagle). At first I was cool with the idea of Bodie having someone to play with and therefore not under my feet every 5 minutes. But then came the realization of what it would be like to have TWO beagles beagling/baying. Listening to Bodie beagling every time he's in the backyard is really annoying. I can only imagine what it would be like with two.

So my questions is this, would having two in fact be twice the beagling? Or would having two beagles perhaps lessen the beagling. Maybe because they can play with each other or stray cats (the main beagling culprit) would stay away. Even as I'm typing this I can hear him now in the backyard beagling. It never ends!

The other option is we get a second dog but not a beagle. Which is a completely different question. But for now will stick with this one and see what others' experiences have been.

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Jen so perhaps you've touch on something I'm missing. Not all beagles (when it comes to beagling) are created equal.

Bodie was breed from a long line of field beagles. So the hunting trait has been breed into him. Which is perhaps why he beagles a lot, and maybe even more then a so called normal beagle.

If this is true, we could get another beagle, just maybe not one from the same breeder as Bodie.

1 - 2 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.