Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marco grunts a lot. Just like an "mmmmm" I think it's when he's uncomfortable or doesn't want to be moved or bothered, but sometimes he does it when he's happy and I hold him a little tight and he's licking me hehe. It's cute but I wonder if there's another reason for it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sound like he wants you to know he's the boss.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif
Chloe does that sometimes, but not grunt.... when she sleeps and I bother her (which I do constantly... hehe), she just prrrrs..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah more like a "prrr" ha. Me and my mom thinks it's just a spoiled whiney thing that's cute.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Marco's mommyyah more like a "prrr" ha. Me and my mom thinks it's just a spoiled whiney thing that's cute.
Yep, they are little kittens after all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby is almost 3 and she [still] does what I call "grumbles." I think it's adorable, sometimes she do it when she's irritated, others when she's trying to get comfortable, or wants to be petted...

·
Registered
605 Posts
My English cocker, Daisy, grunted like a pig her whole life...it was too funny! Hers was a purely happy sound, like when you were rubbing her belly she'd close her eyes and do it, lol. Henry is very, very quiet, even for a beagle mix, and hardly ever barks. Occasionally he whines, and sometimes at night if he hears something "scary" he'll growl a little and go to the door.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I love the grunt! Lucky does it a lot. He has many reasons for doing it. He will do it when he is annoyed, when I pick him up, when he getting a really good pet, when he is bothered and when he is sleeping and you wake him up. I just love it. I call him my personal squeaky toy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Brandi grunts, I swear she's trying to talk, so we call her Miss Gruntle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey grunts when she's laying down to go to sleep. She does her circle, lays down and starts sighing and grunting. I love it. She's so cute. It's like she's telling us all her sad stories about the day.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have to share this. Today I was showing BW to my sister. We were reading this thread and she laughed out loud and told me that it was the funniest thing she had ever read. "Imagine...a bunch of grown people that love to listen to dogs grunt." She didn't understand...until she heard Peanut do it! Then she thought it was so cute!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My two do not grunt much, but whining is excessive in our household. They also all (beagles & beagle/lab) talk to us when we come home as if telling us about their day. My husband encourages this which is not always so desirable. It is more like a whine/yowl at the same time. If they do it once it is okay, but he eggs them on to continue. MEN...can't live with them, can't live without them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally Posted By: DebI have to share this. Today I was showing BW to my sister. We were reading this thread and she laughed out loud and told me that it was the funniest thing she had ever read. "Imagine...a bunch of grown people that love to listen to dogs grunt." She didn't understand...until she heard Peanut do it! Then she thought it was so cute!
hahaaa I know it seems ridiculous but everyone that's seen the pup and heard him grunt laugh and think it's soo adorable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally Posted By: beagletailsMy two do not grunt much, but whining is excessive in our household. They also all (beagles & beagle/lab) talk to us when we come home as if telling us about their day. My husband encourages this which is not always so desirable. It is more like a whine/yowl at the same time. If they do it once it is okay, but he eggs them on to continue. MEN...can't live with them, can't live without them.
aawww I think it's soo cute, I'd probably be encouraging it knowing me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
We had Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies when I was a kid and we all would encourage them to talk. They were so hilarious. Cody was "mine" so to speak and I could get her to say Mama and something that sounded like I love you. I loved it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Several of my pack are "grunters" - all different kinds of noises, too. Lottie has the "nickname" of "pig pig" because of her little grunting noises. Boy can that girl "snort" AND "snore" - she may be little, but she's LOUD! JoJo has more of a real "grunty" type of noise, and her boys do too. Those are my "worst grunty babies".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts