Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! I order Maggie's flea meds through the internet -- they are so much cheaper than at the vet. Now I need to switch Maggie to Interceptor for heartworm prevention -- due to her extreme sensitivity to ivermectin, I do not want to even give her the tiny bit in Heartgard. I know my vet is concerned about quality control with on-line meds although he will write me a prescription if I ask. I found great prices on Interceptor at both Drs. Foster & Smith and Pet Shed. Your thoughts?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've never ordered pet meds online, but it is something I'd love to hear more about. My vet no longer sells Sentinel (combo flea pill/heartworm/worm preventative). I bought their last two boxes the last time I needed it. I know that it's still available online though. I've got almost a years worth for now.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to order the Interceptor online, but when I talked to the vet, they said that the company (Interceptor) will not take liability if the dog is on the drug but it wasn't purchased directly from the different vets, and is found positive when being tested. I check the price difference and it was only 5 dollars, so I figured I shouldn't be smart about it and got it from the vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts