Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....how to get chapstick out of carpet. My little darling Maggie took mine off my nightstand (unbeknownst to me), took it into the hallway and chewed on it until she cracked the container and then smeared the chapstick all over the carpet. Actually, it wasn't the regular clear brand of chapstick, oh nooooo, it had to be Burt's Bees <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Red Pomegranate </span></span>lip balm. I cleaned up the chunks, but I have no idea what to clean the rest of the red, greasy mess with. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
991 Posts
My first thought was, boy Maggie is sure going to be able to give lots of soft kisses! lol Sorry, I could not help that. It might be like removing candle wax from a carpet. I think the procedure is to use an iron on low and just keep melting it till you get most of it. I know it is no help, but my little darling also got mine off the night stand but he took it to his bed for further inspection. Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well firstly, how sweet of Maggie to make her lips soft for her mommy.

As for getting it out, a quick Google search has some options. Since it has dye in it, after you get the wax out, try some Oxy type carpet cleaner.

chapstick vs carpet

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since it's wax, try putting a paper bag over it and then iron over the bag. The paper bag might absorb enough that you can eventually scrub out the stain. HTH!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have no advice, but I am very impressed that you use Burt's Bees. That is the best stuff ever! Virtual high five!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts