Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to make sure.....

Last night, I had this dream that Elvis had the ability to reproduce asexually. It wasn't like some long, drawn-out process, it was just something he did and you never actually saw him do it, you'd just turn around and there would be another Elvis.... and not a puppy, either, a clone of full-grown Elvis.

It was just this thing he would do when he was stressed out. Thankfully, none of his clones could do it, but in my dream, he was having a very stressful day, with fireworks blowing up all around him, and it was freaking him out and he'd popped out six Elvis clones over the course of the evening while Rich was at work.

In my dream, my husband came home for lunch (at 2am, he works nights) and I was freaking out on him about all these Elvii and what were we going to do? So we called Heather (one of our friends) because she lives on a huge farm full of animals and what's half a dozen more? So dream Heather at 3am, comes and gets these six Elvii that are tearing up my house and, somehow, she's heard of dogs doing this before....

So she tells us if we can keep him calm for a while, then it will stop and it's something he probably won't be able to do again for a long time, so we wouldn't need to worry about it happening again for a couple of years.

So it's the middle of the night and he's exhausted from cloning himself and the noise has stopped and we put him in his crate to try and get him calmed down and keep him calm and Rich goes back to work and I'm sitting out here saying soothing things to him and I finally think I've got him calmed down enough.... Then I get up and go to the bathroom and when I come back out, there's another Elvis in the crate with him.

That's when I woke up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Talk about a weird dream.

Beagles can and do multiply, but usually through the normal methods (simple canine reproduction or human beagle collecting). Asexual repro? God help us!

·
Registered
421 Posts
the thing is, you shouldn't eat pastrami before you go to bed or you'll have weird dreams. lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okaaayyyy...that's just a really bizarre dream....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
LOL! That is a crazy dream and love the Elvii term. I used it recently and my coworkers thought I was crazy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh man...when I read this, I wasn't thinking your dog's name was Elvis. I thinking hunka hunka burning love Elvis.

What a weird dream! I've been having some REALLY crazy dreams lately, too. But, nope, I've never heard of beagles reproducing this way.

·
Registered
350 Posts
didnt the gremlins reproduce like that kinda?
C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts