Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just laughing the other day about some of Rhett's quirks. I have had Rhett as a puppy and he has never gone through anything traumatic except his minor separation anxiety. There are 2 items around the house that he is terrified of though.

1. I purchased this little stuffed gorilla for Scarlett after she got spade so she would have something to play with in her kennel. This one though instead of squeaking will actually make monkey sounds. I have never seen Rhett run out of a room so fast in my entire life.

2. A big blue beach ball that was in my shed. I had this big blue bouncy ball outside in my shed that I keep my lawnmower. I decided to throw it out in the yard and in no time flat all I saw was him running as fast as he could inside (he almost missed the doggie door he was moving so fast). Now I can understand why boy wouldn't like to play with a big blue ball but really, it's not that scary lol.

Scarlett on the other hand is fearless

Anyway what do your fir kids fear

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel is sometimes leery, hardly ever intimidated and cautious but brave hearted in the face of danger but I’ve only seen him spooked (as close to terrified as he has gotten) once. He and I had returned from the desert and he still had his travel leash attached. I guess the drive home rejuvenated him because when we entered the house he had a case of the zoomies. Doing a banking turn in the den, the end of the leash snagged a white plastic bag that pursued him. The bag acted as a parachute, collecting air and getting bigger with more drag. I’m sure my laughter didn’t help either. The faster he ran, the faster the big white evil thing pursued and the zoomies were becoming serious. Fortunately the bag caught on the leg of chair in the dining room and detached itself but the Bagel wasn’t keen to go into that room for a while.

This is a dog who corners rattlesnakes, tries to play with badgers, and bravely defends against “Evil Giant Spiders,” really a freshly painted stand for raising a dirt bike that appeared overnight in “his” backyard. He bravely issued a low guttural growl and slowly approached, hackles raised, in a most menacingly fashion. This is the dog that got spooked by a plastic bag.

I wonder what goes on in the mind of our little warriors.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have to laugh at this one because my two are afraid of the baby gates. They will stand in front of them but won't jump up on them.
We keep them gated in our kitchen, but they are most afraid of them when we let them loose in the rest of the house and just lean the gate against the top of the stairs. This has fallen so many times /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif . Now when someone comes up the stairs Maggie runs into our dining room to hide... She can be in the deepest sleep and footsteps on the stairs is all it takes for a mad dash. Then all you see is a little head looking around the corner to see if its safe to come out. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haha - Boomer is almost 8 months so we've been seeing a lot of "fearful" things...

1. Toilet bowl brush
2. Laundry basket
3. Broom/dust mop

(All things cleanly, huh?)

And outside - terrified of the neighbors scarecrow and a kid's basketball.

I think that's all. :hi:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bagels story is halarious! I'm at work and I was laughing out loud! Unfortunately, Penny right now is scared of about everything. She's getting a little better but she sure is skittish. She hates the dryer though. She growls at it when it's on, especially when I'm drying her blanket because it has snaps on it where you can make it smaller so they cling when the dryer is turning. Maybe she thinks I'm hurting her blanket. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beasley is terrified of the Vacuum cleaner...Both when on or off. We always keep the vacuum cleaner tucked away in corner of our living room...For some reason she always finds her way over to that corner as if she forgot that's where the Vacuum is...She will be sniffing the ground, so she won't notice it...But when she looks up, she is off to the races.

She also hates my cooler...don't know why, it's a basic white igloo cooler...But she freaks out around it...

·
Registered
794 Posts
both of mine are scared of the Bitter Apple Spray!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Georgia was freaked out when she saw one of my neighbor's Halloween decorations--it's a big black blow-up arbor thing with red eyes!!!
She also hated those giant Easter eggs and Easter bunnies that people put in their yards. :animal18:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Kodi:
This one though instead of squeaking will actually make monkey sounds. I have never seen Rhett run out of a room so fast in my entire life.

Poor Rhett!! I'd have run from it too!!
Bob, I'm sitting here laughing at the mental picture of the Bagel running as the big evil white plastic bag chased him around the room!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif But once we were walking into the back yard when she spied a big black plastic bag that had blown there. It didn't chase her like Bagel's did, but she was clearly frightened by it. Brave girl that she is though, she summoned up all her courage and crept up on it, hackles up, ready for battle. Score: Shiloh 1, plastic bag 0 !

·
Registered
124 Posts
Suzy is terrified of my phone when its on vibrate. If we are in bed and my phone is vibrating on the table she will get up and make sure she know where it is at.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Scout is terrified of aluminum foil. Or really anything like that in a roll (parchment paper, cling wrap, etc). She will run into her crate and lay down.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I sometimes get the impression that Chloe doesn't particularly like the vacuum cleaner, but then she just starts to play "almost catch" with me while I vacuum... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Basically she is a little leery with new things and people, but then she warms up and fine with it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby does not like the vaccum cleaner either. She's also leery of new things that come into the house, like the baby's bouncy chair but once she gets to sniff it she's fine.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Sigh, I'm so jealous of all y'all whose babes are scared of vacuum cleaners!! Whenever I start vacuuming, Shiloh just follows me around, prancing back and forth in front of the cleaner, or hitting my leg to make sure she has my attention. I think she's saying, "Hey, if you've got time to push that thing around, you've got time to take me outside!"
:eyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
homer is a big baby.he is scared of people he doesn't know,anything loud,any sound he is unfamiliar with,anything bigger than he is unless he has gotten used to it cuz it's furniture or something like that.he is terrified if the kitchen island moves,the fridge door opens and the list goes on.....lol

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The only thing young Vince is afraid of is a bamboo pole that used to hold up a new tree I planted.

I pulled the bamboo out of the tree, leaned it against the fence, and Mr. Nosy knocked it over and it fell on him. Since then he is petrified of it.

Beagles, gotta love their quirks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts