Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cleaning the fridge out and found 2 forgotten apples in there-not bad or rotten but been in there long enough where humans wouldn't enjoy the taste.well i dropped one on the floor and i don't think i have ever seen homer move so fast!he snatched that thing up and took off with it like it was the greatest treasure he had ever found.i was laughing to hard to go wrestle it away from him so i let him have it for a bit not sure if he would eat it and like it.he rolled it around for a bit and then started gnawing on it and seemed to like it.i took it away after he ate about half of it(it was starting to get icky on the floor)since he seemed to like it i'd like to get more for him when he's hanging out with hubby outside-as a treat and toy :)is a whole apple too much for him(they are the smaller ones that come bagged.also will it hurt him if he eats the seeds and core from it?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
A whole apple would probably give him the diarrhoea because it does my two. Plus I've read that the pips are poisonous.

Maybe a couple of slices would be ok but I don't give them to my girls anymore because of the tummy upsets they caused.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Susi doesnt like apples. Snoopy however, adores them We have 3 apple trees in our garden and it was a challenge to get to the fallen ones before him. I give him one small apple a day in the winter. In the season he would eat, even the rotten ones, about 4 a day in the garden and was never ill. He is crazy about carrots as well but he only gets one a day of those.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie likes apples but I usually just cut off a piece for her. I think there is a lot of sugar in a whole apple. Also Maggie doesn't like the apple peel so I have to take that off or pick up the little pieces from the floor when she is finished. I have read that the seeds are poison. I don't know how many it would take to make a beagle sick.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe l-o-v-e-s apples... when I eat an apple it's usually one slice for me and one for her.... we do that until the apple is all gone... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It doesn't give her an upset stomach though.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar likes apples too. If I cut up a few peices and put them in his bowl he won't eat them. He will only eat it if I bite off a peice and give it to him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hihi.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My dogs all love fruit and veggies - apples, bananas, whatever - tho I don't give them a LOT at a time because of possible "poopy" problems. Most don't care for oranges, tho Lottie will eat them - of course, Lottie will eat anything! We have apple trees in the front yard and they'll sometimes bring apples in that fall off the trees. They don't usually try to eat the whole thing - but play with them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My two love apples, bananas, pears. Actually the only type of fruit/veggie they won't eat is lettuce. They also love tomatoes. I have to make sure the gate to the garden is closes tight in the summer or we find all 3 of them eating our tomatoes.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I haven't tried Apples, she's not to keen on fruits. Abby does eat carrots and other veggies but is not crazy about lettuce or tomatoes but has eaten them on occasion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue LOVES apples, but he can't have too many or my carpet pays for the treat!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif My bulldog used to use apples as balls until they were too squishy then we would leave them.

I have a great treat that we give Blue on occasion that is made of yogurt, a little honey, sliced dried apricots, apples and dates. He thinks that is just the best treat on the planet!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Maggie LOVES apples!! But she loves almost everything except celery, onion, and oranges. I am pretty sure she has tried everything else out there, she is a very good and convincing begger!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Aunt Mary says that Jersey loves apples. She never eats them when I give them to her though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apples are okay for dogs, but never give your dog a whole apple. It's not that a whole apple would be too much for fido, it's just that the seeds of an apple are toxic to dogs. You have to remove the seeds first. It wouldn't hurt to cut the apple into smaller pieces too, though, as the whole fruit might be a choking hazard.

Source: Can Dogs Eat Apples? About Doggies

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Just an FYI, the original post was made in 2008, this isn't a new topic :)

My beagles love pretty much all fruits and veggies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts