Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
omg i heart boeing sooo much. he is sooo adorable!

Arty sleeps like that to sometimes, and its fun to try to wake him up and see the lid slide open.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Goober is the first one of ours to do that, & I have wondered why as well! He has started doing this recently when I bring him & Homer back from next door after playing with the neighbors dogs! This extended weekend brought that situation home as my boy,s got to play with them for several hours as I mowed their lawn & worked on my cars!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yup, Jersey does that sometimes, usually when she's really tired. It kind of creeps me out a little bit. Amber used to sleep like that all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie does this sometimes, usually when she is dreaming. Sometimes she growls a little or moves her front paws.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly definately does -- and she is usually snoring!! My greyhounds will actually be asleep with their eyes totally open sometimes, that is very freaky.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Yes, Shiloh sleeps that way sometimes. It absolutely freaks me out!
I always want to wake her up and say Shiloh, you're scaring your mommy to death!

·
Registered
392 Posts
bahaha ok good its not just my beagle!
ya snoopy does that but it freaks me out haha so i usually furrow her brow till they're closed :p
she doesn't even notice haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
Flora does that a lot, but never Lucy. Also, my younger daughter does that -- even freakier in humans than dogs.

Wait, is it a problem that I think I have four kids, but the eldest have special needs and full-body fur?

Sylvia

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Originally Posted By: Lucy's MomWait, is it a problem that I think I have four kids, but the eldest have special needs and full-body fur?

Sylvia
That's funny! I've been known to tell people that <span style="font-weight: bold">we got</span> Kelsey (honorary beetle) a year before <span style="font-weight: bold">we got </span>Casey (my son). Sounds funny.

Incidentally, I think that eyes-half-open look is actually the third eye lid that dogs have. We just found out about those since Kelsey had a tumor removed from above her eye...the nerves to her upper and lower eyelid were affected but her third eyelid has kicked in to protect her eye. It is a pretty unattractive look.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: Buddy's MaBuddy does that too. I like to think he is keeping him eye on me while sleeping! hee hee.
lol That's what I think too. A slightest movement from me and those lids slide down, the eyes roll up and he's awake in an instant.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Some dogs sleep like that and others don't. I wonder why... Daisy, my English cocker, slept like that for years, while Henry sleeps with his eyes scrunched shut, lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts