Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Jones as I call him lol loves to go outside for walks and run and play with his dog friends chase after squirrels and etc , but inside he sleeps mostly , West will play fetch for little while on the inside he doesn’t like to play fetch out side really and he plays well by hisself as well but he just sleeps a lot.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Cute!! How old is your dog? My dog sleeps and lounges a lot since she's 9yrs old tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
My beagles are 11 and 15 so there is a lot of sleeping. Even in their younger days they slept hard. I think since beagles are born to hunt and track, they rest up for the next "hunt".

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Luke is now 6 months old and I have noticed he tends to konk out earlier as he gets older. However, when he is awake he is still a handful.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well, Neb is almost 13, and Xerxes is ~4 years old, so they definitely sleep...when Xerxes isn't wrestling with our teenage Rottie X. It's normal for dogs to sleep more than us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our Sputnik (18 months old) goes to sleep at 8.30 p.m. on the dot every night and wakes up at 8.00 on the dot every morning. He has an active morning walking in the forest (we live in Sweden), playing football in his playground in the garden, then naps for an hour at 1.30 p.m., followed by an afternoon of another walk, tug-o-war, fetch and catch-me-if-you-can activities till my knees start shaking (I am 66) and then another nap for an hour for both of us at 4.30.

Evenings are for chewing bones and other exciting things with the 'business' trips as needed. The daily routine is highly predictable; Sputnik seems to have swallowed a clock! He is the cutest, most adorable, most intelligent, most loved and most loving little boy.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts