Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Take your dog to work? Just curious. I work for the YMCA at a school site, although I've worked at most of the branches also. Anyway, the branch where I pick up my paycheck is right up the road, so every two weeks Henry comes with me! He knows everyone who works there, and loves poking around. Everybody stashes treats for him, and this past summer he would swim in the pool with the kids! I've brought him to my regular job site a couple of times and let him play with my kindergartners....love at first sight! Anybody else's beag "work" somewhere neat?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I wish I could take Chloe with me to work.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
I work for a government office, so it's a major :nono5:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does Henry get a paycheck? Hee hee.

I wish i could bring Buddy to work. He came for a visit once...he was quite nosey. But not here. The place my sister works is dog friendly. That would be my ideal job.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I wish I could have a dog friendly job, but all my co-workers are terrified of dogs. One day I will open a dog bakery and Lucky can come with me to work everyday (just a dream)! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Henry does collect my paycheck for me! It's the funniest thing I have ever seen! We walk up to the front desk and I let him off his leash. As I'm signing the roster for my check, he walks around the desk and lays his head in the receptionist's lap. If it happens to be Jason rather than Frida or Jean, he might horse around a little. (Boys will be boys!) But then he takes my check from them and brings it back to me! He also snoops on my boss, who has a 6 month old daughter that Henry loves. He lays down by the baby's carseat and licks her fingers. Too cute! LuckyBeagle, I am sorry that you work with such sillies! Afraid of dogs...awful for them, huh?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Seriously, who can be afraid of our sweet babies? I guess they had bad experiences with dogs as kids. And that is too cute Henry gets your paycheck for you!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I only wish I could take Jersey to work with me. I work at Sam's Club so that wouldn't work out, selling food and all. I'm sure Jersey would love it though. I told my manager that I could just put up a baby gate to my office door, put her crate under my desk...it would work out fine. No luck.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
My daughter took Charlie to work when he was small, he stayed under her desk all day. She worked for Cisco.

·
Registered
134 Posts
YES! hehe. I work at home as a mommy, now. Before my child was born, however, I worked as a project coordinator in commercial construction. My boss, the PM, had a toy poodle named Fred the Dog (Not "Fred," you had to say, "Fred the Dog"), and Fred had his own hardhat.

That dog was awesome. Now...I'm not a toy breed fan, but Fred the Dog was not groomed with all that frou frou crap (no offense to poodle owners who dig that stuff...just not my cup o' tea). he looked more like a fluffy little shaggy dog and had the best personality! We loved having him in the building or on site.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Like Eleanor, I work in a government office that is definitely not "dog-friendly". Interestingly, children are allowed to come to work with their parents but not dogs ... don't get me started!! Now that Maggie is not well, I so wish I could have her with me during the day. Not only do I worry about her at home, every day we have together is precious! Whoops -- tearing up -- gotta change subject ...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I took Arty to one of my classes one day. The class is small, only 30 or so people. I really didnt like the teacher because she doesnt really respect the class.. so i figure i'd be kind of a jerk and not respect her by bringing in a dog. TOo bad Arty was a complete angel! It was funny though - as the teacher passed out a "pop" quiz everyone was really angry and out of nowhere Arty makes a really loud AROO!! in agreement. And then he crawled under my desk and went to sleep. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yep I'm very lucky that I can take the dogs to work. I only work part time and the dogs come with me about 3 days a week.

I'm in this very lucky position because my boss is also my hubbie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So, if you want to be able to take your dogs to work....get to know your boss just that little bit better :hi: :rotflmao:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would love to take Maggie to work but she is too vocal. I work a switchboard and sometmes I have to us a intercom system and I can just imagine that arooo being broadcast all over the company.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I would enjoy taking Maggie to work but school policy doesn't allow pets in the classroom. A few years ago before that policy we had a teacher who brought her dog every day. There wasn't an employee, parent or student who didn't know Sam. He made the rounds of some of our rooms every morning for his treat. During lunch when he had to stay alone in the room we could hear his bark down the hall. After he passed away some of us who were working in the building alone late at night or early in the morning were sure we heard his bark and the rattle of his tags in the hall.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dare not take the Cinder Blocks aka The Wonder Twins to work. They would die of boredum.

However Stray Jack goes with me about once a week. He used to ride all day with Hubby but now Hubby has a new job and has not got the go ahead to take him with him. But when Hubby has been training the past 2 weeks, Stray Jack does go with him and stay in the truck (today he was in there from 11am to 5pm).

When I take Stray Jack to work with me, he usually sits in the huge bay window and watches traffic all day or he sits in the office of my coworker in her client chair, just waiting for someone to come in so he can bark at them! I would take him everyday (cause he *forces* me to take him to the park during lunch to walk him) but my boss is a farmer's son and doesn't believe in household pets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts