Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason beagles like to sleep with their noses buried in their bedding, (I’m always afraid mine are going to suffocate.) is to block out stimuli to that oh-so-powerful sniffer?
Maybe for the same reason we turn off the lights, or even wear a mask when we go to sleep?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good question. I know mine only hide their noses when they are cold.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That would be a good reason why they do it....

Or they like the smell of their own farts?????????

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hmmm, I have always wonder that myself. Mine also likes to sleep under the bed during the summer

·
Registered
127 Posts
Snoopy has to be under all the blankets she can find. Even when we go in the car (she has the whole back end of the SUV) she nests and buries herself. I always attributed it to nesting and feeling safe/secure. Since they are pack hounds perhaps it makes them feel like they are nestled with their pack?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Roscoe LOVES to be under the blankets, whether its hot, cold, or just right! He will bury himself in the thickest comforter and I too always worry he won’t be able to breathe but he is just fine!

Cole does this only once in a while but really likes to get under the blankets like a person with his head sticking out, very cute.

Gino hasn’t done this yet.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I always worry about Daisy suffocating too! She just buries her hole face!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My male (Floppy) will sleep under heavy blankets all the time... Bella will only stay a few minutes, then gets too warm. But she is a cuddler. Most of the time she will sleep 1/2 under the covers, top half out, with her head on my pillow. I usually wake up nose to nose with her.
Does anyone else have a dog that needs to lick their bed/sleeping area before sleeping? Floppy MUST lick about a 1 foot diameter around where he lays his head... and that can be rather annoying if he decides to sleep on our bed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
sophie and twitchy just cuddle together. they used to have a blanket but they tore it to shreds.
at the times i have allowed a nap with me, their favorite postion seems to be either a head laying on my arm for a pillow, or a foot in my eye. i don't know what's up with the foot in my eye thing, but they both seem to think they need to do that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts