Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
We used to have VPI but it wasn't worth it, they didn't pay very much on the claims at all. Now we put the money that we spent on the policy each month into a savings account for the dogs and now they have a nice little cushion should something go wrong.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
A vet recommended PetPlan and NOT VIP....now that being said I take my dog to Banfield Hospital which is in the Petsmarts and have been very satisfied. I have a Comprehensive Plan through Banfield. If my dog was older I might consider a different plan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for renewing such an old thread I cannot find newer one and I really need advice about what to do with pet insurance for my little Beagle and which one is worth choosing. I`ve already read all the info, reviews, and comments on such web services as Petinsurancefinder but I also need to read the experience of trustworthy people. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
982 Posts
We have PetPlan for Xerxes and Agis (Neb is so old no insurance company will cover him for anything useful). Cordelia, one of our cats, is insured through 24HourPetWatch.

We've not had to use Cordelia's. We've used Xerxes and it was smoothly enough, Agis has had bills but we've not gone past our deductible yet. So I can't speak that well about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
but do you think it is worth it? i know it's a gamble...

if you save lets say 50 a month, would it have covered the bills?

i am not judging anyone, just trying to decide if it's worth it...

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
but do you think it is worth it? i know it's a gamble...

if you save lets say 50 a month, would it have covered the bills?

i am not judging anyone, just trying to decide if it's worth it...
My dog's been on the insurance for 8 years and "yes" I believe its worth it. If your dog needs surgery or repair from an injury it may cover some reductions but not all.
Consider it to cover the spaying for the first year then think after that. When Banfield gives a receipt it shows what items would cost without the plan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of insurance does my dog need the best? When I first bought it I had to pay a high price because this dog was very smart and agile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts