Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Boeing loves yogurt, I figure it'd be okay to give him a little low-fat milk on hot days (the kind we drink but I water it down before adding some crushed ice). He's crazy about it and never has any stomach problems. I just wonder if some of you here have ever given your beagles milk.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't give Chloe milk, but she does finish my yogurts every single time!

Actually, there is one yogurt that is meant for kids, that I buy just for her. When I have something in front of the TV, she gets a little cup of her yogurst

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chloe and the little cup of yogurt between her paws. What a cute mental picture!!
I usually leave some in my cup for Boeing to finish off. He licks it clean and plays with the cup afterwards.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ever make Yogurt Pupsicles???

Mix large container of Yogurt (with live acidophilus cultures and no sugar) with ground Carrots, Apples (raw or cooked) or lightly cooked ground Liver. Ladle into ice-cube trays and freeze. They love them and it a great way to give them a cool treat on hot days.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally Posted By: Caesar's MomYogurt Pupsicles? I'll have to try that.
Both of my dogs love them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You guys better be careful feeding your dogs dairy products. They can cause diarrhea.
Some dogs can't tolerate milk because they don't produce lactase which helps with the digestion of milk. Or so I read.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't give the dogs milk, but there have been a few times that Duke has helped himself to one of our glasses.

The yogurt pupsicle idea sounds too cute. Duke loves ice cubes and I've been trying to think of something to give them flavor without sugar, that sounds like a great option. Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beaglina gets a little goat's milk every now and then - it's supposed to be more easily digestible than cows - and I give her my (empty) yoghurt pot after breakfast which she loves chasing round, trying to get the very last bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
"E M I L Y" frigging LOOOOOOOVVVEEEESSS her "night-cap" at night. Organic milk only. Amount given equals maybe 1/4-1/8 cup only. Nuked in microwave 22 seconds just to turn it room temperature. The perfect snack to go along with her wedge of cookie. Same scenario every single night!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts