Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
freak out on your beagle (dogs)? You know, those days where you come home, and you are just beat, exhausted, stressed, and cranky. You are just not a people person at the moment, and the last thing you unfortunately don't want to hear is that aroooo. Don't get me wrong, you love your beagle(s) to death, and would die for them, but right now, you wish that they were somewhere else. It just seems like this day is the day that he/she wants to whine...for no reason....all night...or the whole time you are home....bark..bark..bark..arooo...aroooo...and chew up your new belt....or all of a sudden they chew up there bed out of no where. Those days that you just can't sleep, because even though they sleep on the floor in your room, they just can't stop cleaning themselves, and the noise of just drives you insane! You don't want to discourage them from cleaning themselves, but do you have to do it in the middle of the flippin' night?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!? Sorry guys, just wanted to post one of those stressful moments, I don't feel that we have enough of these on here.

Cassidy, will you just stop it?!?!
Cassidy, no!
Cassidy, please....go lay down!
-now crying- Cassidy, please, just please....go somewhere....lay down.....or something, just stop it!

Sounds like I am on the verge of a breakdown, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sorry but that made me laugh b/c YES!! I can relate to those moments, I believe our dogs/pets pick up on our moods and just want attention when we want to be left alone!
I feel bad some mornings when I am running late and have to take them on their walk, they seem exceptionally slow on these mornings and I get so impatient and try to hurry them along (but when I am not in a hurry I swear they run the whole time)

Or how about when you are watching a great movie and they decide (ALWAYS at a critical point in the movie) to either start barking like crazy (playing) or decide that is the perfect time to go outside!!
And the absolute worst has to be when you are sick and just want to curl up in bed, instead of just curling up with you they seem to get into all kinds of trouble

So yes, I love my beags to death and wouldn't trade them for the world but there are those days

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hehe, you guys better enjoy it while it lasts!

I long for those days now.... (I do felt the exact same way sometime though)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Last night I was gone for less than 2 hours. I wasn't worried because all the puppies are gone now and I just have the 4 adult dogs there. I had shut the gate to the kitchen, but did not latch it. I was thinking in my head that even if they went into the remainder of the house it wasn't a big deal. Yeah right. They woke up the grumpy old man (hubby) from their barking and rough housing. They chewed up a pen and ate part of it (who I don't know). They chewed up a foot file and ate part of it (who I don't know). They took a bra outside to display for the neighbors. They tried to destroy their bark collar (thankfully it only has chew marks and was not destroyed). And who knows what else I will find today. They are all 2.5 years or older. You would think I could trust them alone for 2 hours. Do I know what dogstration is...you better believe it. Oh and btw, it doesn't matter my mood, I cannot stand to hear a dog cleaning themselves for some reason. Someday I am going to teach them to do that outside only when I am not around. lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's me the past few days, Amber. I just moved into my new place, and I'm sleeping on a futon in the same room as the puppies.....and man they play or move around in their crates, waking me up every couple of hours...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh yeah, I gotta get in on this. You gotta remember all, living with Shasta B. is like living with a perpetual puppy - who will be 3 y.o. on 10/8/09 - that pic at the end of this post says it all.

Yep, she loves those emery boards and chewing on ink pens or mechanical or regular pencils. I have to use eye drops that are in little tubes - she loves to chew on those. If I happen to put my cell phone in my pocket and forget about it then it falls out when I take a nap - it is fair game. Now the remote control for some reason, is never bothered - however when Shiloh B. was a pup - he was the remote control chewer. And it never ceases to amaze me that they can go all day when I am at work, without pottying but wait till I get home or on the weekends - it's like I become their doorman(woman).

My main floor is open however using a couple baby gates together I am able to block them off in the kitchen. I came home from work one day, and the floor was covered with pee. I let them out while I cleaned the floor then they came bak in for dinner. I didn't let them out immediately after and Shasta pee'd again - I don't think she did anything before eating.
And yes, I'm not happy about it but sometimes I just go off
- no hitting but just yelling and they just stare at me
and then I melt.

Oh, and doncha know, Beagle parents don't get sick.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Originally Posted By: AmberThose days that you just can't sleep, because even though they sleep on the floor in your room, they just can't stop cleaning themselves, and the noise of just drives you insane!
For the last 20 years or so both my wife and I have worn ear plugs to bed. I use the type that taper, but I insert them backwards (large end in ear) so they really block almost all sound.

I can sleep through a thunderstorm.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If there is one thing that I have learned in raising a dog, much less FOUR, is that they will teach you things about yourself and about life. Imagine coming home dead-tired as you described, and you open the door to two (at the time) smiling beagles and trash strewn from one end of the house to the other. Another day you are ready to snuggle into bed after a long days work, and as soon as you pull back the covers you feel a wet spot from said smiling beagle's accident on the bed.... I used to rip out what little hair I have left and throw FITS!! but have since learned to take it all in stride... Their life revolves around you, ane they will love you on good days and bad no matter what.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally Posted By: threedognight I used to rip out what little hair I have left and throw FITS!! but have since learned to take it all in stride... Their life revolves around you, ane they will love you on good days and bad no matter what.
Very well stated! I came home awhile back to find a brand new sofa torn open and stuffing all over the room, I looked at Cole who was so happy to see me, and I laughed!! Its just stuff

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my beagles.. They are noisy, they eat stuff etc.. but I've never felt frustrated with them. They sleep with me so barking at night isn't really a problem as we all just snuggle and snooze.. Ace especially likes to sleep like a log. Jack will steal socks, underwear etc.. but you know what.. what items he gets to is our own faults! If it was properly put away he wouldn't have had access to it in the first place. Jack used to wet the bed so I adapted and bought a water proof mattress pad.. In my life my dogs pretty much come first and I treat them as good as I treat my human kids..

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did I ever think about this thread two days ago. I was getting dressed for work and Jake jumped up on the bed as he usually does. Instead of lying down, he just looks as me and starts peeing!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I couldn't laugh, but I did talk to him an a low, sad tone of voice and he knew he did something bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to go to work out the front door, but George would tear up the carpet in front of the door, and bay and howl for hours. So now I have to leave out of the back door to go to work. Lol

When I leave out of the back door, he kind of just stares at me like Where are you going? He doesnt howl or anything when I leave out that door. Its so strange.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I work a 12 graveyard shift as a nurse so when I come home all I want to do is SLEEEEP... or at least get off my aching feet. Of course, even if I take Arty out to pee as soon as I get home (first I have to walk UP the stairs to get Arty, then walk back DOWN the stairs with him to pee, and then practically crawl on my hands and knees back up the stairs).

I get into bed and try to sleep for a few hours and inevitably arty will walk into the room and whine. So I let him jump on the bed and tell him to go back to sleep... and as I'm blissfully falling into deep slumber.. SNOOOOOORT .. either it's arty snoring or reverse sneezing... and then back to sleep.. and then WHIIIIIINNNEEE... it's non stop!! But lucky for him I love him so much because I just snuggle him closer and we can both fall asleep again

·
Registered
889 Posts
LOL!! I only laugh because I've been there. Daisy and Rocky for some reason like to lick the insides of each others ears... and it makes this awful sucking sound. They'll wake me up in the morning way too early for breakfast and I'll tell them to go back to sleep. Instead of doing that they'll jump on the bed, I swear as punishment, and just go to town on the each others ears. So in the silence of the morning all I hear is this nasty sucking sound. LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
YES!!!! Molly is a handful ever since we adopted her and she is high maintenance with behavior and attention. But she is so darn cute!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I have to add........

Moll just pee'd on Andy bed! He had clean blankies but wouldn't lay down. Sure enough....pee!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally Posted By: Mollys MomYES!!!! Molly is a handful ever since we adopted her and she is high maintenance with behavior and attention. But she is so darn cute!
Ditto with JoJo. Very high maintenance.
But all the frustration melts when she's prancing around with her big stuffed banana toy, or doing her zoomies around the house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts