Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
This video gets posted by me many times on here, but it suits this thread the most

Once again for your viewing pleasure, Zelda's reaction to her first sweater.

With that being said, Zelda doesn't mind sweaters too much in the winter... takes a while to get them on her and she instantly tries to chew on them until you distract her, and then she seems to forget she is wearing one.

· Banned
2,994 Posts
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieNope, Maggie wouldn't tolerate any type of clothing...either would my husband. LOL
Had a giggle over that, sounds like your hubby walks around naked!

I would never dress our beagles, they are designed for all weathers.

· Registered
126 Posts
The only clothing I ever tried on Snoopy was a sweater to help keep her warm in the winter while outside. She does not like the cold. I got it on her with no problem. Turned my back for just a second and she had taken it off. I never made another attempt. I will add that when I went shopping for the sweater, I too found the selection was awful. Most of the items seemed more for show than functionality.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
We tried to get Bazel a jacket once he wouldn't tolerate it we never tried again, I don't think we would try with Millie , not sure really. We never tried with Merlin either.

· Registered
274 Posts
Originally Posted By: Crazy DaisyDaisy doesn't care what I put on her as long as it's not a hat. LOL!! But really we don't put anything on them other than a coat if it's really cold. I'd much rather put a coat on her than watch her shiver during the winter.
Rocky is pretty good about that too.

Oh, they also sometimes where little USF shirts during football games. LOL They really don't mind at all.

Other than that and halloween, they like to go around naked.
I'm not even going to post the pictures of what you subject the dogs to on Halloween

Attachments

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Awwww...look at the pictures!

I LOVE Gangsta Daisy and flipping Zelda.

And Rocky and Daisy look fabulous.
They're very tolerant of clothing. I'm glad JoJo is, too, b/c she will be getting dressed up for Halloween this year. Just have to come up with something creative.

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Last Halloween our apartment complex had a pet costume contest and then a cookout for the residents. I knew Jersey wouldn't tolerate a full costume so I decided to just try a doggie t-shirt. I bought her one that says Mommy's Lil' Pumpkin on it and another that says Daddy's Lil' Devil. I used to dress Amber in sweaters/sweatshirts when it was cold. She had a yellow rain coat that I tried on her a few times. But, like others here all she would do was stand still and look at me all pitifully.

Here are some pictures of Jersey in her Halloween T-shirt. She also has a Halloween collar.

Attachments

· Registered
841 Posts
No I don't dress Caesar in any clothes except for a few occassions. I dressed him as Bat-Beagle for Halloween one year and brought him to the office, took some pictures then took it off of him. As a joke I got him a t-shirt that says B*tches Love Me. Again, it was on him long enough to take a few pictures. But he does have a sweater that I put on him for our walks during our cold prairie winters. Brrr!

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Miss Shiloh doesn't even like having a bandage on her arm after bloodwork, and always has that thing ripped off before we even get to the car!!

I'm not a fan of dressing up dogs. I can see a sweater if you have a dog that has practically no fur like a greyhound. But little outfits, with hats and booties? I vote no. But to each his own!

· Registered
220 Posts
Lucy and Flora will not tolerate it. Even if it is -20 F. I tried booties on them to protect from sharp ice on the sidewalks. Nope. Not acceptable.

I don't even try anymore. They get as cold as they want, then come in and sit on the radiators on blankets, or burrow on/next to someone, also under a blanket.

· Registered
93 Posts
I put a backpack on Oreo when we're on walks so that he carries empty bags that I use to collect his poopings.

He had a Steelers jersey which I put on him every time the Steelers played last season. I credit him with our Superbowl win ;-)

I'm considering a University of Pittsburgh shirt (my alma mater) or a Liverpool FC kit. He'd wear other things if I put them on him but sports jerseys are the only thing I may buy.

· Registered
117 Posts
We live in southern WI, and it can get rather cold here. For those who do dress their pups for cold weather, at what temp do you start doing so? We picked up a sweatshirt for Gracie, I can't say she's thrilled with it, but she tolerates it. We've been using it only for our night walks when the windchill is below 40 and the sun is completely down, but I wonder if we are 'jumping the gun' a little. She is still a pup (5 1/2 months) and has a fairly bare lower belly. Any advice?

For your viewing pleasure, GJ's reaction to her sweater...

Attachments

· Registered
117 Posts
Very good point Roxy'sPop! To be honest, I was never big on dog dressing...until our vet recommended it for the winter...now I love looking around for Gracie clothes!

My husband may not admit it, but he seems to like it as much as I do! Gracie is the only one who is a bit undecided!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.