Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I woke up about 2:00 AM; and there at the end of the bed sat Cobi (9), sitting straight up, staring into space. I talked to him very quietly so not to scare him or wake Casie. Cobi has started just staring into space in the last four months. Our vet says he's a deep thinker, and there is nothing wrong with him, just getting old, unless of course he has a seizure. But it's so weird to wake up and finding him staring at you or into space....

Any ideas or comments?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmm...that is interesting. I have woken up a few times in the middle of the night to discover my beagle, Lizzy, staring into space. I must admit...it was kinda creepy to me...the idea of my dog staring at me during my sleep. hahaha If only we could figure out what the heck they are thinking about. I don't think that Cobi needs a shrink. I mean humans have insomnia sometimes...maybe our four-legged friends do too.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That is interesting and I can imagine that is startling in the middle of the night. Maybe he is sleep staring (instead of sleep walking). Our guys do a lot in the middle of the night, run (lying down), twitch, growl, cry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts