Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
My Daisy was HORRIBLE with big dogs when we first got her. The people at the shelter said she couldn't even be around them. Well, this upset me because I had been under the impression that she was great with other dogs. We'd already gotten attached to her so we decided to keep her and work with her. The first time I took her to my parents house (they have two big yellow labs) she was AWFUL. I was so stressed out. If she even looked at them she growled and snarled and barked and her hair would all stand up. Fortunately the labs are very well behaved with other dogs so I was able to work with Daisy. It's been almost a year and we visit my parents every month or so for a few days. Now, we can let them roam around together and there are very few incidences. Daisy even tries to play sometimes. I think she just gets intimidated, because she's usually ok until the female lab starts barking. Then Daisy gets a little upset, but it's sooo much better than before. If you can find a neighbor or friend that has a well behaved big dog it will help tremendously. We're still working on Daisy not being toy possessive with other dogs but hopefully she'll get there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.