Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering why Charlie just hates big dogs.
I think I found a reason but not sure. Our neighbors across has at least 4 big dogs, constantly barking, howling, and usually chain barking. It is very annoying and Charlie would echo their bark then the whole neighbors dog will follow too. It is like a symphony street, arrrrooo howling, and barking.
Ever since they move in, just 1/2 a year ago, this became a problem. One neighbor even call the police on them. I'm so worry that they 'll call on Charlie too.
So back to the big dog issue, He never like them, and bark at them each time he passes their yard. Of course, they will also.
When he sees big dog on the street, he will lung at them, small dogs seems ok. Can Charlie tells the difference? Or it is just the intimation issue, he is small too.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie plays well in the dog park with big dogs, we go at least once a week. But once on leash, he attacks big dogs, he is only 26 lb.
I do not know how to react, to tell him NO, leave it, or tell him nicely to be good friends. I think I should be firm and be an alfa dog to tell him NO, leave it.
When asked the trainer, he said just go back to the rules of acting as an leader.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts