Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is home from being spayed.

this morning she got too hyper and opened up the wound to cause her to bleed. so when i got there they had put a belly belt on her to help close the wound. She goes back to the vet tomorrow to get the belt removed. All in all she is doing good, just need to quit jumping!! lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sweet Dixie, you need to stay calm.... just for a little while!!!

The belt doesn't look too comfortable, I can understand why she looks so uneasy.

no belly rubs yet, so gentle scratches behind the ears for you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awww, poor little girl. At least she doesn't have the problems my keeshond had years ago. She chewed at her stiches, so they put one of the e-collars on her - THEN she used her back feet to scratch the stitches, so they "hobbled" her back feet with tape. She could walk, but couldn't "scratch". She was a MESS - she bumped into everything with the collar and just looked thoroughly pathetic.
Dixie, you stay calm for your mom. You are such an adorable little girl! Big hugs!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I hope all goes smoothly from now on. I remember how hard it was to keep Maggie from scratching and chewing....

be a good girl Dixie!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well she is doing fine!

But to be on the safe side when she in the crate or i can't watch her closely she gets one of these,

She didn't want to move at all with that thing on! lol

here is the scar, not too bad the doc said it will look better in afew days. Plus they didn't shave around her side just her belly area.

I had some stickers laying around and figured Dixie would want something beside plain ol' white,

Atleast now she got her tail up with the collar on! lol

Right now i got the collar off and letting her eat, she is doing good, just have to stop her everyonce in awhile when she starts licking it! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts