Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her first appointment with a local Vet, so when she gets here she can get her first shots and i can ask the Vet questions!

All that is left is to go and get some toys and a bed for her to lay on in the crate, and some food and bowls. Need to find a collar and leash. Might get a harness for walking but since she is still young there won't be too much walking going on, atleast outside! lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to be Prepared, it is a trait of a Eagle Scout!

I am taking what i learned from Squirrel and what i read on this site, and going to do what i can for Dixie!

My main concern is what to feed her??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It sounds like you've got it all under control. I too suggest a high quality food such as Innova. My Amber was on it for years and Jersey is now as well. Make sure that an actual meat is the first ingredient, not a meat meal (ie. chicken meal, but actually chicken). You'll probably have to go to a specialty pet shop for something like that. Sometimes feed stores carry them as well. They cost a little more money than the grocery store brands but they are usually a much higher quality of ingredient as well as preservative free. However, since there are less fillers you feed less food, so in the long run it's not that much more. I could go on and on about this. We've had several threads over the last year on this topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts