Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I laid some cream horns on the table by the couch, and left them there, Wrapped up and everything still. I was typing up a paper for a report and i noticed Dixie was quite. I turned around to see Dixie finishing off her second Cream Horn!!

She had a nice tight belly on her after this. Plus she was loaded up on sugar too, so i am keeping an eye on her as this is the first time she ever eaten sweets before! LOL

Silly Beagle, i guess the sugar rush puts her out, as she is sleeping now! Lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
Beagles will eat anything without thinking of the consequence. Bonnie ate half a cake a while back it had been put on the table to cool, she would have had the whole cake but her little legs wern't quite long enough to reach that far on the table.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Yesterday I was making a sandwish and suddenly realized I had 2 little four-legged friends watching my every move. So I broke off Shiloh a bit of a cheese slice, then decided to put some into Poe's bowl. When I walked away, I accidentally knocked the package of cheese slices off the counter!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Yes, 3 slices of provolone cheese, gone in a flash!! :eyes:

What are cream horns--sounds yummy!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, yum!!! I haven't had a cream horn for years, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like one. :eyes: Dixie picked a tasty treat.

Genie, a cream horn is a flaky pastry with a really sweet cream filling. Sometimes, the pastry also has powdered sugar on it. Very sweet, very good, and chock full of calories. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Speaking of sweet and high calorie values....
I have been introduced this week to smores.... I never knew there could be so much sweetness in one little "sandwich"... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
WOW! we need to introduce you to some more things! Lol

If you ever venture South you got to try a Pecan Pie! store bought sucks, homemade with Golden Eagle Syrup is the BOMB!! lol

If you ever make it Alexander City, AL. You got to go to Piggly Wiggle downtown and Order a fresh order of Cream Donuts!! Oh my they are even sweeter and higher calories then the cream horns!

We usually order about 7 dozen of donuts before we head back to Texas cause alot of my family is from that town and grew up eating those donuts. So we always have request for 2 day old donuts! lol

Of course i always snuck one out while going back to texas! lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know if i had to compare cream horns to anything . it would be close to esclaires (sp) but the bread is really flaky instead of chewy. You might be able to find them at Walmart 5 of them for $2.50. they are hard to find sometime as they only make about 4 or 5 package a day here as they don't sell well.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OMG! Cream horns sound (and look) soooo good! I've never heard of them so I don't know if we have them here. I hope we don't, being diabetic it would just be torture knowing that they are and I can't have one. Maybe Dixie can have one for me? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The little town in Illinois, where I lived as a child, had a bakery that baked cream horns. My I loved those tasty treats, and I ate a lot of them. That probably partially explains why I was a chubby little girl. :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Cream horns, (they sound and look kinda like Italian cannolis) cream donuts, Krispy Kremes, pecan pies...oh my gosh, this is making me so hungry!! I'm meeting friends for dinner--I think I'll go right for dessert!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
sometimes you want s'mores, and you don't have all the stuff...try this:

buy the "stripe it rich" cookies, and add a roasted marshmellow--taa-daaaa!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

very yummy. you can also make s'mores in the microwave, very easily. just put them together and heat up for 20 or 30 seconds--the marshmellows puff up (kids love that part).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts