Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Email Providers, You, and BW

The major problem is that it is not just effecting this site. the problem is that it tags the IP address, Site, and host. This in turn bans every paying site on my service.

In order for me to get around this I would need to get a site certificate at the cost of $2,500 per year per site to prove I'm not a spammer. This is not going to happen.

What is going to happen is that we will be upgrading this software in the very near future to a newer version with more options for the users. Before we bring it on to the public site we will re-write all the email functions on the software and disallow all email from the site to every user regarding their personal settings and wishes allowing for only the registration email and report a post to the administrator.

We have been having this email problem for years with users being lazy to the extent they either refuse to read the Faq section on how to operate the software functions or even try to ask someone for help. The users, not all, just feel it is easier to block us in their email control panel from their email with out regard to what happens after that.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Re: Email Providers, You, and BW

Originally Posted By: kathy5so where in my settings do I set it so that I can recieve e mail when someones responds to a post or topic that I have done???
read the whole thread. Dave disabled it for the reasons listed above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.