Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Re: Email Providers, You, and BW

Food for thought, people! After all, we are the ones choosing to receive those emails. <span style="font-weight: bold">We are the ones to disable the feature!!</span>

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The major problem is that it is not just effecting this site. the problem is that it tags the IP address, Site, and host. This in turn bans every paying site on my service.

In order for me to get around this I would need to get a site certificate at the cost of $2,500 per year per site to prove I'm not a spammer. This is not going to happen.

What is going to happen is that we will be upgrading this software in the very near future to a newer version with more options for the users. Before we bring it on to the public site we will re-write all the email functions on the software and disallow all email from the site to every user regarding their personal settings and wishes allowing for only the registration email and report a post to the administrator.

We have been having this email problem for years with users being lazy to the extent they either refuse to read the Faq section on how to operate the software functions or even try to ask someone for help. The users, not all, just feel it is easier to block us in their email control panel from their email with out regard to what happens after that.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

This is a simple request, and should be heeded. Members, please don't penalize others by refusing to comply with a reasonable rule.

·
Registered
55 Posts

This is good advice for everyone on any forum. Got to consider what the button you click will do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joining Beagle group

Thank you. I'm bringing my 2 year old rescue home once they can have her spayed. She was surrendered to humane society with skin rash on abdomen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts