Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
How old is Dion? It sounds like typical Beagle puppy behavior. Jersey was a kleptomaniac as a puppy. She was around 18 months old before she outgrew it, although she still has her moments now. It sucks, but in the meantime, if you don't want Dion to steal it, keep it out of his reach. We kept our ironing board up for close to a year just to have a high place to keep things out of Beagle reach. The bottom halves of my book shelves stayed empty as well. You can try spraying some Bitter Apple spray to deter Dion's chewing. Our trainer suggested soaking a sock in it and letting Jersey steal it so that she'd get a mouthful of the Bitter Apple. Theoretically, it was supposed to keep her from stealing again, since it was supposed to be such a bad experience. It didn't work for us. Good luck! And welcome to the world of Beagles.

· Banned
19,926 Posts
I have a feeling your boyfriend is going to lose this battle. If he wants to keep his stuff in-tact then he's going to have to understand that Dion doesn't know better until he's trained properly. Even then, it's a losing battle sometimes. As I was sitting here reading this post, Jersey stuck her nose into the garbage at the desk and pulled out some tissues. She was literally inches away from me, but that didn't stop her. They know better but sometimes they just don't care enough to worry.

· Banned
19,926 Posts
LOL! I'm glad that he conceded. I don't know about your boyfriend, but food always works as a bribe for Mike. Don't tell him I said that though. LOL! It doesn't take long to get into the habit of putting things up. We learned very quickly around here. Baby gates work wonders too.

And Dion is adorable. If that isn't a sad, I'm sorry face, I don't know what is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.