Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy you all,
i just found a big hole in the garden, that was really sad because its the first hole she dug in the grass! is there something i can do to prevent it from happening? i guess this is a common thing..
thank you!
doron

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I've been very lucky in that none of my dogs have ever been diggers, so other than fencing off the garden area, I really don't know what can be done to prevent it. Hopefully someone here will have some advice!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Try putting some of her poop in the hole that she dug and bury it. It stops them from coming back to that hole. They supposedly don't like to dig in their own poop.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've tried everything you can imagine but nothing works because if you deny them access to an area they just go and find another place to dig instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally Posted By: Mom of 2 BeaglesTry putting some of her poop in the hole that she dug and bury it. It stops them from coming back to that hole. They supposedly don't like to dig in their own poop.
My beagle is 9 weeks old and loves to dig. Whenever I discover a new hole, I fill it with her most freshest poo - and sure enough, she wont dig there, or in the same vacinity again. She goes and sniffs it, but her digging has lessened since she realised I bury her poo in it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts