Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody posted here earlier about burying poop so our beagles won't dig in that area. So I tried that method. But instead, Charlie dug up the poop and play! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :biglaugh:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Charlie! Such a bad boy! :nono5:

CM, I've heard of also burrying aluminum foil and balloons where they dig. You just have to be around when they are digging to keep them from eating it. The foil makes noise that they don't like and the balloon will pop when they dig also making a noise they don't like. Just some ideas that I read somewhere once.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Charlie, you are a rough little fella aren't you? We put their poop in holes that they dug and it keeps them from going back to that hole usually. So for us poop in the whole works mostly. Mine dug bad when they were little. Someone told me to bury some chicken wire down in the hole. I tried that and mine dug it up and chewed on the chicken wire. We have tried various things that work temporarily. Sprinkling Black or Red pepper on the area works sometimes. I've tried Tabasco sauce. It is a constant battle if you have a little digger.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh Charlie, you do keep your mom busy and all of us entertained! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I've also heard that the balloons work. Best of luck with your little digger!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Charlie, you certainly are a busy little beagle. I tried the black pepper trick Mo2 mentioned and it works for us.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Cat:
Oh Charlie, you do keep your mom busy and all of us entertained! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I've also heard that the balloons work. Best of luck with your little digger!
Ain't that the truth. Charlie is always getting into something. Hahahahaha :lol2:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I don't think the poop thing would work for us either, seeing that Abby eats cat poop :pukey:

Luckily she is not a digger but if she was I'd try the pepper trick.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beagles dig for a reason, Charlie is digging for gophers or mouse under the house. He thought by digging a "tunnel" through the house?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
I have to buy those mouse trap or more baits.
Will pepper kill my plant?

·
Registered
345 Posts
My Fin digs for no reason at all I swear! I know for certain that there are no gophers in my bed, but I guess Fin is just making sure. He's such a thoughtful beagie!

·
Registered
291 Posts
CM, I don't think the pepper would hurt your plants, since you put it on the ground, around the stuff you want left alone. Maybe you should put it around a less prized plant first, just in case, and to see if that will stop Charlie. As determined as he is, who knows if it will! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh Charlie! My, my he is one busy beagle! He certainly keeps you busy and us laughing. I'm not sure how to stop digging. Lucky does have this issue as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts