Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i love his white markings... I have seen him after this and they just keep getting bigger as he does... lol

his face is a lot more brown now... it is really cute... i like his white nose... when you look closer he has three black dots above his nose that look like a paw print.

i will have more pics soon... i have to get them off my phone and i have been having trouble doing so...
but difantely more to come.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

this is the third one...
i will have more pics in about a week.. i get to take him home then... so i will be camera happy for the first little while hehe

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i get him at six weeks.. he will be six weeks on 11/21. I took these pics when he was only three weeks.. thats the last time i got to see him. the breeder is about two hours from me to its hard to go see him all the time... so the last time was when he was three weeks

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He is beautiful... I can't believe it that the mother's owners letting the puppies go at 6 weeks.... It's very early in my opinion. I would think that they should be with their mother for at least 7 weeks, 8 weeks is perfect.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The third critical period ends during the seventh week, and the puppy is now considered emotionally developed and ready to learn. The "trainability system" within the dog is ripe and is operating to capacity. What he learns during the fourth critical period will be retained and become part of the personality and characteristics of the overall dog. If the puppy is left with the mother, its emotional development will be crippled. It will remain dependent upon her, but in her will find very little security, since she will begin to totally ignore the puppy.

taken from this site,
http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/beagletraining_criticalperiodsinpupslife.htm

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey thanks to every one for all the information.. i know six weeks is a little early but thats as long as she can keep them.. i dont know why... thats all she told me. but i appriciate all the great information since i am a newbie at this lol

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How weird to come back on and see one of the new puppy owners on the forum. Welcome.

Yes I am the breeder and the reason I am able to let them go at 6 weeks is that the mommy is doing a great job of weaning them herself and they are doing well at eating solid foods. They are all getting socialization each day and are quite secure and developing their independence.

My vet says that she lets her puppies go, that she breeds, at 5 weeks, but I did feel that was too early. For one I want them all to have their first shots before they leave and that is going to happen at 6 weeks of age exactly.

So now about Diesel. He is doing very well. He is getting so big. I've attached a couple of pictures to show how big he is getting.

He is my husband's favorite as my husband is a truck driver. He loves this sound that Diesel makes that he says sounds like a jake brake. He's really developing a cute personality. Not too timid, not too overpowering, just very playful and he loves to investigate new things.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK..... he is just one amazingly beautiful puppy... :heart: . and certainly doesn't look 4 weeks old. I would totally give him 2 months. I actually think Chloe wasn't that much bigger when I got her at 3 months old.
I just love the markings and the face... oh.. the face :heart:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the pics. i didnt think i would find you here.. i was hoping i would though.. so im glad i did.. i cant wait to get him on friday...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts