Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bring you "breakfast in bed" for Mother's Day?? Can't you just see my "9-pack" lined up with their bowls - of course the bowls would be empty since they'd have eaten my breakfast already, and they'd be bringing me the empty bowls to REFILL for them.
You should be here when it's time for breakfast/dinner! We have Tanna and the "little girls" running to their "crates" (that's where they eat), Lottie doing her "I'll Dance for Food" dance all the way into the bathroom (she eats in there because if she's with the others she inhales her food then tries to get everyone else's, too), Chloe doing her "springer beagle" act all the way into my room - where she eats (for a beagle she's a slow eater so she has to be fed away from the others so she gets to eat in peace), Princess trying to get into everyone's food, JoJo underfoot trying to get me to hurry and if the "boys" are upstairs, they're both underfoot telling me "HURRY MOMMY - WE'RE STARVED". It's really pretty funny around here twice a day.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should try to get a picture of the "food dances" around here - it's pretty hilarious.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie didn't bring me breakfast in bed, but she did go into her crate all by herself both yesterday AND today to rest! A Maggie milestone and a great Mother's day gift for sure!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Food time with 9 beagles?!!!! Cant imagine it. We feed our two in seperate rooms just to play safe.

·
Registered
865 Posts
No breakfast in bed for me, but they did make me take them on an extra walk this morning (Lucky didn't want to do his business the first time around!). Sweet of them, huh?

Now the food dances would be a sight to see!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It only takes one beagle barking on a sleepy Sunday morning to drag me out of bed to feed the two of them. Luckily, there are only two to separate if one goes for the other's food (submissive Spock reverses the dominance and steals out of Bones' bowl if I don't keep my eyes peeled). But nine pairs of pleading eyes and busy tongues and wagging tails, all the dancing and the separation to let everyone eat in peace? How can you resist such an avalanche of daily love and sweetness? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Dave had planned to make me breakfast in bed, but decided that may not work well with Duke around!LOL So he just waited until I got up.

Meal time at your house must be pretty funny, Glenda. Around here, Cassie is the one that starts boo-roo-roo-ing for her food the second she wakes up and doesn't leave us alone until the bowl is full.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
My goodness Maggie has grown so much! Pretty girl!

Daisy does a water dance every morning. I have to cut her off in the evening or she pees all over the place. She'd drink 3 bowls of water a day if I'd let her.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
No breakfast in bed but no puddles or piles from bodily functions either so I'll take it.

Yodel is the chowhound here and will eat his food then try to take Henry's food. He literally gets so excited at mealtime that he walks on two legs as I carry his food dish to the laundry room where he eats.

Maggie is gorgeous! Her little face is perfect! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maggie is ADORABLE. Such a sweet face - and what a nice present for mommy! All of mine will grab an available empty crate for naps - even the ones who are never crated!
And yes, mealtime at my house IS pretty funny. Tho it's Lottie and Chloe who really crack me up! Both are TINY girls - tho Lottie is about as broad as she is long (she's short and fat like her mommy) - Chloe is more "dainty" - and I call her my "springer beagle" - as she can jump so high and "bounces and jumps" all the way to my bedroom for her food! Lottie's "food dance" is hilarious- she gets down with her front feet and rear in the air - and dances and prances as soon as she sees me with the food "bucket". No matter how bad my day is, those two can make me smile.

·
Registered
24 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif i bet that is quite the site to see /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts