Our Beagle World Forums banner

Dental

729 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Cassie 
#1 ·
Hi was wondering if anyone can help. I have a rescue Bengal, not sure if her age but I thought around 3/4 yrs old. When she has a treat she seems to eat it funny. She finally let me check her mouth and I found all her back teeth, too and bottom look like tiny spikes. Really confused me does anyone know why this can be?

#3 ·
She could have an infection or severe dental issues. I would let the vet check it out. I am not a fan of dentals but sometimes they are necessary. My rescue dogs have always had bad teeth, I get them as adults so who knows what kind of junk food they ate before I got them.

#4 ·
I agree have the vet check the teeth.. they could be chipped or broken. Refrain from any hard chews until you get that checked.
I know cassie has 2 lower rear molars that are cracked across most likely due to chews like antlers. Shes going to get a cleaning soon so I'll find out the status of them.
I only give my dog " Milkbone soft and chewy treats". Also i feed Freshpet which is soft.

#9 ·
If your dog is having dental problems, the first sign is bad breath. If you see the following symptoms, please take your dog to a veterinarian for inspection and treatment:

• Bad breath
• Mouth pain
• Having trouble eating and drinking
• Loss of loose teeth or teeth
• Touch your foot with your foot or rub your mouth to the ground, ...
• Bleeding gums
• Yellow or brown tartar on the teeth
• Drooling

#14 ·
If she "eats everything delicately" makes me wonder if those "baby" teeth are bothering her nonetheless.
You may want to see a vet that specializes in dental issues..mostly found at an ER vet. You could call around to find one for an exam. It really makes me wonder if those are truly baby teeth
My dog lost all her baby teeth at 4 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.