Our Beagle World Forums banner

Dental Treatment

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  GallinaBeagleX2 
I'm sorry, I didn't see your post in the other forum. Li'l Girl has had her teeth cleaned, as have two of our other dogs, and the cat. All came through it fine.

Our Rhodesian mix, Traveler, has had dental problems and has had two teeth pulled. The vet didn't pull the 2nd one as soon as he should have, and Traveler got very thin and his liver enzyme readings went sky high. We put him on Vitamin E and Milk Thistle therapy, and had the tooth pulled. Traveler's health improved quickly.

So, I say if your dog needs dental work do it. Dental problems really can cause other health issues.

I brush all the dogs' teeth 3 to 4 times a week. :eyes: It seems to help keep tartar off the teeth of 3 of them, but doesn't help Traveler much. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif He's going to get another dental treatment very soon, and then I'm going to use Oravet to see if it'll help. :conf12:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.