Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dying for a Yodel and Henry update.....just wanted to know things are still going well and getting better every day.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yoo Hoo......paging Gingergoose......
Are ya there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Deb!

I'm sorry, I just saw this post!

Besides fixing our furniture, Yodel is fitting in wonderfully! He loves to be outside...finds a scent and starts sniffing and oinking and barking...tunes everything out! I had read of BW beetles who were like that but Henry never was. Now I see what the hoo-haw is all about. When Yodel finds a smell, he is off like a shot! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif

And just as we had hoped, Yodel and Henry play. They wrestle several times a day but the evenings are the best. I...love...watching...them...play! I think Henry may be dropping a few pounds with all of this increased activity because his harness is loose.

I'm not sure that Yodel is housebroken...he spends so much time outside. But at night, we put him in the bed and he cuddles up and sleeps through the night. His disposition is the opposite of Henry. Henry is trepidatious and shy and often frightened. Yodel is friendly and outgoing and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. It's clear that he was never mistreated. He loves kids.

Yodel is also a chow-hound! Where Henry and Kelsey-Bad are persnickity about their food, Yodel wolfs his down before he even knows if he actually likes it.

The jury is out on if Yodel is actually a beagle or beagle-mix or some kind of dachsund.

Anyway, thanks for asking. Sorry I missed this post. How are you doing, Deb?

~Denise

·
Registered
605 Posts
Aw, doesn't it warm your heart to see them play? Henry has lots of buddies that he religiously play-dates, and I'm pretty sure he surfs the web looking for active, outdoorsy girls, but so far, I'm content with my one dog workload, lol! My next door neighbors are going to be getting a puppy for their 12 year old daughter soon, and with their fenced yard and complete adoration of Henry it should be fun for us! All play, no work! They specifically want a friendly little female...

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Melissa,

It really does warm my heart to see them play. And Yodel will sometimes sleep next to Henry, using him as a pillow...just like Henry did to my Olivia before she died.

Sounds like Henry is in for a ton of fun when the "friendly little female" moves in. No more need to surf the 'net. <S>

~Denise

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Great update, isn't it great when they cuddle up to each other, always warms my heart too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Wonderful to hear that Yodel and Henry are good friends. I'm sure this will help Henry a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Originally Posted By: Murphy & Summer's DadThat is great to hear. Don't be surprised if Henry's disposition changes and becomes more outgoing. If he does, thank Yodel.
Joe,

You might be on to something. My husband took all three of ours pups to the ball-park this past Saturday. (Casey and I were already there). Normally a place like that with all of the people and excitement and kids who want to "pet" the pups would have Henry trying to pull out of his harness and go the other way. But he actually did look more relaxed and unafraid.

Fingers crossed that Yodel will bring Henry out of his shell and Henry will teach Yodel NOT to pee in our bed!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GREAT UPDATE!! I'm SO happy to hear that Henry and Yodel are bonding. I'm sure Yodel will give Henry more confidence. I've seen it with my two. At home, Maggie is in charge; complete bully....tells Calvin to jump and WHEN.(Which Calvin doesn't mind a bit!)
In public, Maggie is completely shy and my little wallflower. Calvin is a social butterfly.....charming everyone he meets. I notice Maggie watches his every move, and follows HIM during those social outings.

THANK YOU for the updates (all of them...LOVED hearing about Yodel's jobs around the house)
Can't wait to hear more......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts