Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nash
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it’s rather apparent now that the backyard breeder that sold us our puppy lied about his age. We were told he was a pocket beagle, was exactly 2 months old at the time we picked him up according to his shot records, is very mouthy, stumbled a bit when walking at first, and sucks on his blanket for comfort. He's now 9 months old and 35lbs. and dna results say he is 56% beagle, 16% Bassett, and remaining is a hound mix. Don’t get me wrong...we love him to death, but just be wary of bad breeders.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
He is super cute. There really isn't a "pocket beagle". There are some small beagles out there, my Molly was under 20 pounds and very petite. I always prefer rescues. Oliver is a rescue and he is 100% beagle, got him when he was 6.

·
Registered
38 Posts
He's adorable!!! 100% agree folks need to research breeders. We lost our beagle in 2019 and are ready for another pup and my eyes are opened to the issue of backyard breeders and puppy mills. So much I didn't know when we got Ally in 2002. In hindsight, I suspect the individual I adopted her from was a puppy broker on the side and the story I believed then wouldn't hold water now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts