Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since most of you folks know Marlin by beloved. He wasn't a beagle though. I still tear up when I talk about him and as I'm typing this. It still hurts...
6/26 is fresh in my mind, the way I held him tight while the doctor gave him the "shot", the last breath he took in my arms. I was sobbing uncontrollably.
I do not understand why couple of times I took Charlie in, they have to put me back in the same room where Marlin died. Just to refresh my painful memory again.
Marlin is free as a bird now, 2 months should give him enough time to get to rainbow bridge I suppose. Pain free at last, no more diaper, no more vomiting. Run Marlin run, no more arthritis.

Rhoda

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Rhoda,

It doesn't seem like it's been 2 months that you posted about Marlin.

Like I keep reminding myself, part of having a dog is loosing them. But that doesn't help.

Next time you make a vet appt., ask in advance if they can put you in another room. It's completely understandable how much it must hurt to be in that room so soon.

Marlin is so, so lucky that he had somebody who loved him so much. So many don't have that.

Hugs to you and Charlie from Henry and I. :heart:

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
It is very hard to cope with the loss of a loved pet family member...But you "dreadfully" know that a dog will never outlive you unless you are a young person! As I enter my 50's & Pop enters his 70's... Our options for a new puppy become limited! Pop & I will surely outlive Goober & Rufus... But, there will soon come a time when Nibbler & Homer will be the mentor to our "final beag pups"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Marlin was very well loved and will be waiting at the bridge for you...happy and pain free.(((((hugs)))))

·
Registered
614 Posts
I know the feeling, which is why i haven't had another dog since Bluto passed away, i was 15 at the time, i had Bluto since i was 5 yrs old.

My Uncle gave him to me on Christmas Day, Bluto was wearing a Big Fluffy Red Ribbon tied in a bow! He was a German Shepherd/ Pitbull mix.

He lived to a age of 10 yrs old, and for some reason unknown he lost alot of weight and no way of getting better without thousand of dollars of medicine and care. Due to family money trouble and such we couldn't afford it and he had to be put to sleep.

that was 10 yrs ago for me.

My Parents had other dogs but they never was mine, just family pets. Now i am getting a puppy in 3 weeks and her name is Dixie Bella!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks for all your kind words of comfort.
For now Marlin's ash is in a pretty cedar box, and I put it on top of my book case in our computer room(den). Every time I look up I'll call him, hi Mar, I used to call him this name.
I kinda of like it this way, some say bury him in the dirt in the yard. Some say scatter his ash in the park, let him run loose, free. What do you all think?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Rhoda,
I've read that the best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master. So, I would say that whatever gives you the most comfort is what you should do. Dear Marlin runs free already, so what you do with his earthly remains won't change that.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Sandy.
I'll leave the box where it is for my own sake, I feel like he is still in the house with me keeping my safe.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Rhoda I still have Sam's ashes and he died 26 years ago! I have the ashes of all the dogs I have loved over the years, all 6 of them. If I can work it out when I go, my ashes will be mixed with theirs and spread somewhere the dogs loved. :heart:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Charlies mom, the death of a pet is one of the most painful of pains. Marlin is pain free but your heart still pains for him.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have Charlie's ashes on a shelf on the bookcases around my fireplace. He has his own shelf, with a pictue of me and him, and another picture of him and hubby. Both frame's say I love my dog on top. His ashes are right next to that, and Marley has the shelf above for his puppy pics. I will never get rid of his ashes, even though I know he is not there, but in heaven. I just want a part of him wherever I am. I even have a clipping of his hair tied in a ribbon in my bedroom. THis dog was one of my greatest loves.

·
Registered
991 Posts
This is not a great picture, but you will get the idea. Fleagles ashes are also on a shelf. They are in an urn that has a lot of purple enamel on it. She was the undisputed Queen and purple was her color. Over the urn is her purple collar. Resting on the front of the shelf is a Beagle Angel figurine.

She was one of those sweethearts that everyone loved. She is missed but never forgotten.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts