Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Erin -- sending good vibes and prayers your way that the folks at Auburn University can provide some answers. I honestly don't remember but do you have a video of Daisy's episodes to share with the folks there? When my Maggie was having episodes, someone suggested that to me and it was a key to ruling out seizures and leading to a diagnosis eventually (she was having extreme anxiety reactions to pain from liver biopsies, inflamed anal glands, etc.).

· Banned
19,926 Posts
For several years Maggie's (former) vet thought that her episodes were just extreme anxiety attacks. It made no sense to me since she loved going outside when there were fireworks (I would be startled -- she could have cared less!) and slept right through even violent thunderstorms. There was absolutely nothing specific in her environment that would trigger an episode. Bottom line is ... we know our dogs better than anyone else. Go with your gut and keep on working towards a diagnosis that makes sense to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.