Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found it today. I haven't felt it before. It's right above her right front leg, like in the shoulder area. I guess I'll be talking to the vet on Monday when they open back up.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I hope any tests they run come back okay. There are so many reasons that little lumps can appear, but it is always better to have them checked asap.

Our little Sam wasn't too fortunate on his visit to the vet for his lump. He is still doing well now, but he has been diagnosed with a mast cell tumor and they have indicated that it is in a bad spot on his back leg and it would be impossible to remove it so we are in a waiting game with him. He is only 4 years old so I hope that it takes a long time before he becomes too ill from it.

I will keep you and Daisy in my prayers that hers turns out to be nothing serious.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good luck on Monday, both Chloe and I are sending good thoughts and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif Daisy's way....

Keep us updated!!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't get her in until Friday, but the vet said that it was probably just a reaction from her rabies shot a couple of weeks ago. He still wants to check it to be sure though.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well, that's encouraging, I guess...
I don't think that you should be too worried anyway, since she is just a young puppy, and it could easily be a little bit of fat concentrated there.

Let us know what the vet says though.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hope you get good news from the vet Friday. Please let us know.

Just as an FYI for any cat owners, there was an article in our weekend paper by Dr. Fox (he does a weekly syndicated question/answer column) and they had 2 cats that both got tumors between their shoulder blades. He said it is a common occurance because of injection site tumors from their shots. He said that's why most vets will now give cats their shots in the thigh instead of the back. So thought I'd give cat owners a heads up. I know Phoebe is almost due for hers and I plan to ask our vet about this when we go in.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I took her to the vet. They said that normally after 2 weeks the knot from a rabies vaccination would go away, but it did feel like one of those reactions to them. So, she told me to keep an eye on it and if it got bigger or didn't go away in a month or so to immediately bring her back and they would cut it out and send it off for examination.

She's up to 12.5 lbs now, so they said she seems to be perfectly healthy and that this reaction is just taking a bit longer to go away for her.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I'm glad they don't think it is anything serious. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts