Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nervous as everything about it. Well, not so much the microchipping part. The worst part is that I'll be out of town. I made the appointment a few weeks ago, and work just told me a couple of days ago that I have to go out to New Mexico on Monday. I know my vet and husband will take good care of her, but it's still nerve wracking.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I know what you mean about being nervous about the spay. I'm already dreading putting Maggie through it, and her's wont' be for another two months. Is there anyway you could postpone the spay and microchipping until you're back from New Mexico?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I understand how you feel. I was a nervous wreck thinking about Sadie having her surgery. We had Sadie spayed at age 4 and she did fantastic. We had to make her stay inside and rest. It is truely amazing how fast they bounce back after this. Yes, could you reschedule the surgery? But, I'm sure your hubbie can handle it. Sadie stayed overnight at the vet's office. The next morning when I picked her up, she looked great. I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if when I went to pick her up, she would be laying down on a bed or a blanket. But no, she was up and they had her on her leash ready to come home.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would postpone it, but my husband just said to let it go on as scheduled since our vet books up fast. He says he's confident that he can handle it. I'm sure he can, but I'd still like to be around. I told him that he'd better call me as soon as they let him know she's ok and out of surgery.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi
she will be fine, dont worry, i had meg spayed and micro chipped at the same time, just after her first season last year as she had a phantom pregnancy. the hardest part of all was stopping her jumping up on the bed and stuff when she came home. we were told to keep her quiet !! ( yeah right ) for a couple of weeks and no free running for a while. i would let it go ahead as planned, as you already anxious about it. theres no point delaying it and then going through it all again. what if something comes up at work then, you cant keep putting it off, for all of you. hubby is right, he and your vet will take care of her and perhaps you can spoil her by buying a few new toys for her to play with while you are away. x

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am nervous to get Maggie spayed too. However, we got my fiance's parents dog Molly (their first dog they have every owned) spayed over Christmas and I was so worried they wouldn't know what to do if something went wrong but everything was fine and surprisingly, Molly was a lot better than I thought she would be.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Where at in New Mexico?

I wouldn't worry about it. The thing i was worrying the most about was the option to breed Dixie before getting her fixed, but I had it done already, and she been doing great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts