Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things had been going so well, until today...

In the span of an hour, Luigi did the following: Peed on the bed, so I took him out, and he peed 4 times then he came back in, peed on the carpet, ate a little, then peed on the kitchen tile.

thats 7 pees in one hour, and one set of ruined sheets to boot. HELP! he'd been doing so well too...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh this sounds so familiar! Our Susi peed everywhere. Take comfort in knowing that they usually stop. Susi stopped suddenly. When luigi pees, is it dribbles or a large amount? If he is passing a lot of urine, then have him checked by the vet to make sure there are no health issues.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
They have their setbacks. We'd have a week where Jersey would be perfect, then have a day or two where she'd have accidents again. Just stay consistent and eventually Luigi will be housebroken. Also, make sure that you are using a good cleaner like Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle to clean up the accidents. You want to be sure that all the smell of urine is gone so he isn't drawn back to those spots to pee again.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Ruined sheets? Can't you just wash them? He likely drank way too much. When Spencer drinks a lot, he has to go every 10 minutes, it's really annoying.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yep, sounds like what we went through with Duke. They do get better, but it takes time and consistency and a lot of patience. Just remember, in the long run it will be worth every headache you have now!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
That sounds oh so familiar. Daisy has her really good weeks and then her really bad ones like last week where she peed on the bed 2 nights in a row. The good news is that she's getting much better about telling me when she has to go. The bad news is, it's still pretty much every hour right now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif Be patient, even though I know it's hard and be persistent and Luigi will finally get it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yes, it does sound familiar.... I actually bought a mattress protector when Chloe was younger and it's still on the bed under the sheets... I got used to it.

They do have setbacks, but he'll be fine - you'll see /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's an update to todays gamage report...tonight he peed on the couch, in the kitchen and in the living room...I'm convinced Murphy from Murphy's Law must've been a beagle pup.

Having said all that, you're all right, we'll persevere, and i'm sure everything will be fine...

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
"This too shall pass" has been my mantra since the day we brought Maggie home. It's been over a month now, and she's not getting the potty training thing AT ALL. I empathize with what you're going through!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Just like babies, but unfortunatly they don't have diapers.
Best advice I can think of and I think it has been mentioned before,
1.keep on a leash tied to your waist.
2. Gate him in ONE area.
3. If you CAN"T watch him crate him.
4. A vet check might be in order(maybe UTI infection)
Good Luck and remember PATIENCE and a REGULAR SCHEDULE is Very Important!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Oh yes! Beagle puppies can be very challenging. My first beagle, Princess, was thoroughly convinced she had a 6,000 square foot, 3 story "indoor potty" - took a long time to convince her otherwise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts