Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yesterday that Jersey was licking her paw. I told her to leave it alone and she did, so I didn't think anymore about it. I thought maybe it was just itching her. Today, she was doing it again, so I checked out her paw. She has a big cut on the pad that is higher up on her leg...I guess it would be her ankle. There is some skin hanging loose, but just a thin layer. I don't know how she did it. It most likely happened at day care yesterday. It doesn't seem to bother her when she walks since it's not on the bottom of her foot but it must be uncomfortable or she wouldn't be fussing at it. It looks like we'll be heading to the vets office tomorrow!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you can put a little betadine on it.... lots of beagle kisses heading Jersey's way... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Our poor babies...Cecil is taking anti-inflamatory for a lumpy thing on her left "wrist" area. It is helping a lot and seems to have gotten smaller. Here's hoping Jersey will get bandaged up just fine. I know I must be putting someone thru school with the number of times I am forced to the vet...it's like having kids.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, Spencer has often cut his paw. I soak it is some epsom salts to clean it out, put some Pentaed on it, gauze then wrap it with vet wrap. As long as you can keep it clean, it is likely to heal on it's own. If I went to the vet every time the dogs cut their paw, I would be in the poor house. LOL

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Poor Jersey. Paws heal quickly though. Emma cut one of her pads and it got infected. She was on anti-biotics and it cleared up with no further issues. Give her extra belly rubs from us.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
When Cassie had the growth cut off her paw, the vet had us use Neosporin on it twice a day and told us it worked great on minor cuts.

Poor Jersey. Hope her paw heals soon so she can be zooming around without pain!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the well wishes everyone...they seem to have worked. I picked Jersey up at my Aunt's house today and she was fine. The piece of skin fell off and she didn't even flinch when I touched it. I cleaned it up again when I got home, but I think I may have over reacted a bit. Sometimes overprotective mom's do that, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm glad I didn't waste the money on a trip to the vet.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Count me in among the overprotective moms /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif Glad to know Jersey is okay /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts