Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nobody wants an overweight dog. so I have a quick question. how much should a beagle at 10 months old should eat? at what point do you feed adult food? I ask this as all the dogs we have had had puppy food until a year the amount varied as we have had dogs from st. bernards,to chihuahuas. so curious. My husky gets 4 to 5 cups a day. but he plays hard and is very muscular and is on a food that is 28 % protein. he is perfect weight. so curious on copper the beagle. he has been getting around 2 to 2 1/2 cups a day of puppy food. he eats most of it every day and every 2 days he will eat it all. too much? not enough? wrong food? want the best for the guy. his weight is really good and he never seems hungry. just can't seem to play enough

thanks for the help

copper's mom

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Roscoe is 2 years old now and very much in shape, he is lean and very high energy. We started with adult food when he was 1 He will leave kibble in his bowl if he is full! (strange for a beagle huh?) He gets 1 1/2 cups of kibble per day, he was getting 2 cups but never finished it so we just decreased it and along with a few healthy treats he is doing just fine!

Cole is 1 year and has been on adult food since he was 6 months. The reason for this was b/c he was gaining weight VERY quickly, even though he was very active. He now gets 2 cups of kibble a day and a few healthy treats, he is a perfect weight although build differenlty than Roscoe, so he is stockier.

We got Gino when he was 6 years old already and he is a beagle/basset mix. He was a rescue so was not getting a high quality food when we got him. We put him on Blue Buffalo with our other guys and he gets 2 cups a day with some healthy treats.
Gino is also a great weight and gets plenty of exercise!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply. so perhaps I will try just 2 cups and see how that goes if he is still leaving some I will try 1 1/2 cups. been a while since I have had a dog copper size

once again thanks for the info. it was very helpful.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am glad that helped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts