Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of ours went to the auction yesterday and brought home a new family member. In a couple of days after he is a little more stable he will be going out to the acreage. But in the back yard everyone had to meet and greet him. They still don't really know what to think. See the heart on his head..thus the name Cupid.

PS: These are not all my dogs. My daughter is dog-sitting for her friend and the other one is the friends (that went to the auction).

I tried to make these photos the correct size-still really new at this so sorry in advance if I did it wrong.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lick.gif Sure glad none of the pups got kicked -- maybe cows get familiar with each other the same way our pups do and are used to it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
Better get that calf out to acreage before he starts barking and decides he would be better off curled up on your sofa!!! LOL!!

Really fun pics!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What a busy back yard! So very cute. Cupid is the perfect name for that calf - looks like everyone is falling in love with him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have always loved cows and calves!! Those beautiful big eyes just get to me. I think Cupid will be glad to get all the introductions over with. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

Is Cupid a he or she? I love the heart -- a very special calf, indeed.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Lovely pictures the dogs are so curious about that 'strange' animal, bet that is one calf that won't end up on a plate!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I love the last pic, the dogs look like, "Psst, is this his butt? Should we sniff it?" Henry loves farm animals too, and routinely visits 'his' horse (a little paint colt) and 'his' goats, lol...Whenever we load up fresh cut grass, carrots, or apples he knows we're walking down to the farm.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Now that's my kind of party! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: A doghouseLovely pictures the dogs are so curious about that 'strange' animal, bet that is one calf that won't end up on a plate!!!
Being a "city" girl, I wondered the same thing. What happens when Cupid gets big?

~Denise

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My sweet daisy: Cupid is a boy.

Judy: Cupid was so malnurished, he had all he could do to stand up for a few minutes. But he is doing so much better. He is on cow pedialite, pills, and penicillin shots. He kind of jumped around today. The dogs all think they need to take care of him when he moves.

Gingergoose: I don't think he will end up on anyones plate. "Farmer Dave" (our friend) has twelve acres that he will probably live on for the rest of his life.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention we live in the city limits. I hope code enforcement doesn't notice.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Originally Posted By: Steph&Molly
Gingergoose: I don't think he will end up on anyones plate. "Farmer Dave" (our friend) has twelve acres that he will probably live on for the rest of his life.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention we live in the city limits. I hope code enforcement doesn't notice.
Now that's a happy ending!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif

~Denise

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is just too cute. Not sure what my pack would think about a cow in the yard! LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.