Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I just wanted to share some funny behaviors my girl has been showing lately.There is no other way to describe it other than she is a big cry baby. I mean that in the sincerest way possible lol. If she is not in the mood to be touched she does this whining sound, I swear she is telling me to leave her the heck alone, but she also does it when she is playing with our chihuahua. She also scared of a lot of things, for example, we were getting ready for bed and my boyfriend was getting a quick drink before bed and she noticed he wasn’t in the room with us so she walked to the kitchen where my boyfriend had already turned the lights out and as she was walking she must have seen him and then came crying back to me in the room as if he were a stranger! This has been the first time something like this has happened we’re she is overly scared. Is it just my dog that is “sensitive“ or does anyone else find these behaviors to be normal for a beagle?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a sensitive beagle, she somehow developed a fear of boxes and grocery bags (those plastic kind) at about 2 years old. We had no idea why and she didn't seem to get over it until she was about 9 year old. Also thunder, gunshots and fireworks. I adopted her at 11 weeks, she was already guy shy and why the owner didn't want her. But the boxes and bags was always a mystery to us. Nothing ever happened to her such as getting stuck in a box or bag that would have been traumatic, just one day we had a delivery and you would have thought something horrid entered the house. She didn't whine or cry but she would run and get in her crate or hide under pillows on the couch.

If she continues to whine/cry, over more things, would take her to vet to make sure she's not in any pain internally. Just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts