Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently we have had quite a few of these guys invading our house (it happened last year at this time too)! They creep me out because they jump so fast and far

Luckily, I think, Cole finds them intriguing and plays with them until they are dead! Now, I dont like killing any creature but I will NOT touch a cricket to even get him out of the house!!

That being said, they are not harmful to the dogs are they? Cole is fine and loves chasing them, he only bites them and dismembers them, never really eats them!

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can't say how qualified the article was, but I remember reading that it was remotely possible for a dog to pick up a worm. I read that the crickets could carry the larvae of the worm. I'll look around and see if I can find something.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! Interesting, I guess I will have to suck it up and get rid of these buggers, which always seem to show up when the hubby isnt home!! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
We have crickets as a part of our science unit in first grade. At first it bothered me to work with them but now I don't even think about it. We also raise meal worms, milkweed bugs, and painted lady butterflies. The kids absolutely love the unit. Even the ones who are nervous at first get really involved with their insect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts