Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm new to BW I thought I would post a little bit about where I got my pup and how much I love her!

I actually wasn't looking for a beagle when I began looking for a puppy. I was looking for a smaller dog, maybe a pug or a boston terrier. I saw an add in the local newspaper about beagle puppies for sale and I thought what the hell I have nothing better to do on a Sunday why not take a drive? My boyfriend was so not looking forward to me buying a dog. We were just moving into a new apartment and he didn't want the stress of having a dog. However, we drove to see the puppies and he fell in love. We were first looking for a boy puppy but when we went to play with all the pups Sadie was the first one to come over, jump on us, and play. She was the most active pup out of the litter and turns out she was the runt too. We couldn't help but fall in love with her and want to take her home at that moment. It was kind of like love at first site. My boyfriend LOVED her! So, i put a deposit on her and picked her up one week later!

Since she's been living with us (July 08) she has been a handful but so much fun (besides her little problem). She is very active, playful, yet a big cuddle bug. She loves to run around the apartment playing ball and go outside to run around. She also loves to cuddle up on the couch and sleep. Mostly she loves to eat socks! She even goes so far to grab socks out of the dryer when I have the dryer door open! She has been such a bundle of joy, as weird as it sounds I treat her as if she's my child! She comes camping with us, comes on vacations with us, and sleeps in the middle of the bed. I wouldn't have it any other way and I am so happy I got my beagle!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes too!
Sadie says a big beagle thank you too!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: ajodrayI saw an add in the local newspaper about beagle puppies for sale and I thought what the hell I have nothing better to do on a Sunday why not take a drive?
I have heard those words so often - and they NEVER end any way other than coming home with the beagle puppy! Welcome to BV and we look forward to hearing all about Sadie!

Our youngest beagle Buzz loves to eat duvets - I won't give him ideas by telling him about Sadie loving to eat socks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
We got our first one last August so I share your sentiments. Lots of mischief but lots of fun. Squeegee used to like to steal socks and now that there are two of them they're twice as good at stealing socks and they play tug of war with them! Suddenly all of my socks have holes in them
sigh. Haha... a beagle snuggle is worth trading a dozen holey socks for, though... and I have two Beagles to give snuggles!

Can't wait to hear stories about Sadie and see lots of pics!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Originally Posted By: SandyjBeagle puppies do tend to cast spells on people.

Great story! Thanks for sharing and welcome to BW! You will love it here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.